volvo fuel pump... not enough????

JDM510

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i tested it in my hand i have a 12v power suply box i hooked power to it and stuck my commpresion gauge in the outlet side and it pumps up to about 25lbs and then tops off

Was all the air out of the line? Maybe it wasn't getting up to full potential due to air in the line.

oh their has to be gas in the pump for it to build full psi????

the pump is dry this is all bench testing i dont have a gauge on my fuel line to check the running psi.. thats on the long list of things still to come

was just out in the rain doing so open diff drift this thing is a torque monster now!!! it revs way out in first and second i think past 6

Could your feed line to the pump be clogged? The one inside the gas tank. This happened on my buddies 280z. It would idle but every time we got on throttle in would bog due to low fuel pressure. We cleared out the line at the tank and everything worked as it should.

cant do that either buddy the speed sensor is long gone, i have a z31 speedo drive in their my speedo works :D about 10mph off but it works...

and yeah that 14 ECU will keep me out of alot of trouble cuz it will cruise 75 all day long.... but when im getting on the hi way all the way threw 3rd and into 4th the car just starts coming into action then BAM flat on its face its like dammmn what would the rest of 4th and 5th feel like.....this single cam is not much diff power then my dual cam pretty much the same i was worried cuz every one was baggin that i got a shitty ass single cam... and with 200k and no ratles ticks or clicks this motor runs damn good

oh well its kind of a good thing that it will only go so fast right now cuz my suspention is not even ready for that kind of speed yet soo yeah i still have a LONG way to go but as we all know thats how it is with these projects its never ending....

update: got the 11 ecu out of a 90 single cam auto car... also went back to that volvo turbo i saw with what i thought was a walbro and sure enough its was a walbro and stamped right on the side it said "max psi 125" soo yeah i installed bolth those tonight and we will see how it works ill be back tomorow night to update if the problem is fixed :cool:

dude thanks again ICEHOUSE!!!!!

got the number 11 ecu and that walbro in their and shes a runner!!!!!

took the speedo all the way to 120 for prolly the first time in the cars life...... dont knwo how off it is but yeah she was up at 120 lol