Boise Datsun crew!

sick620

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, well, well!

I spent some quality time to mull through the thirty-two pages of this thread starting with a handful of ratsun forumers in the Treasure Valley getting together in the dead of winter and culminating into an upcoming weekend of Datsun enthusiasts anticipating the greatest Datsun event the state of Idaho has ever seen.

Reminds me a bit of the Boise Buspilots with their humble beginnings fifteen years ago with a few VW bus owners deciding to start a club to the massive amalgamation they are now...attracting serious media attention every time they take over a city park or a parking lot.

Good to see NE Oregon also represented from Baker City, btw.

I used to own half the Datsun trucks in La Grande, but now I know about ten other 521 and 620 owners in town, so that whittles me down deep into minority status (only two of them run anyway!)

It's just that all the others around my neighborhood aren't really into Datsun trucks...they all are just driving used pick-ups that happen to be Datsuns. Mine have pretty much seen better days & are not the most show-worthy presentations the world has ever seen, but I'm not in the mood (nor need) to flip any of them anyway. Minor fix-it issues and a little TLC (Time, Labor & Cash) & they'll be safe and reliable once again.

I sure wish the '78 620 kingcab EV conversion had the range to take 'er down to Boise this Saturday. It was upgraded in Hubbard, Oregon earlier this summer, and I've yet to bring it back to La Grande. The guy could have driven it to the Canby gtg if he could plug it in for five hours or so to get the juice to drive back to his place. It's a great truck & I'm proud of it of course...clean, straight...and there's nothing glacial about the way it accelerates and goes beyond freeway speed limits; so it can easily burn rubber like those parking lot pavement pics you guys posted from your gtg's in the Boise area..despite the fact it weighs well over two tons w/all those batteries, etc. The longbed also runs like a champ and I wouldn't hesitate right now to drive it the length of the Pan American Highway to Tierra Del Fuego and back if need be. Not pretty, but pretty reliable.

Hey, you all have a great time in Boise this Saturday...may my spirit be ominipresent at this gathering as I've known for years I have the blessing of the Datsun gods. I'm already committed with a trip in a lumbering 50-year old VW bus going the other way to Portland this Saturday...oh boy...road construction, 90-degree heat with a first-gen aircooled engine, limited cash on hand--it's gonna be an adventure alright...

Hey its good to see you dropped back in on the Rat. I thought maybe some flying garbage can knocked you out or somethin. :lol:

NE Oregon is well represented. As you can see my 521 makes the trip once a month. This will be the 3rd time.

You should come to one next time. You won't regret it.

Well, well, well!

I spent some quality time to mull through the thirty-two pages of this thread starting with a handful of ratsun forumers in the Treasure Valley getting together in the dead of winter and culminating into an upcoming weekend of Datsun enthusiasts anticipating the greatest Datsun event the state of Idaho has ever seen.

Reminds me a bit of the Boise Buspilots with their humble beginnings fifteen years ago with a few VW bus owners deciding to start a club to the massive amalgamation they are now...attracting serious media attention every time they take over a city park or a parking lot.

Good to see NE Oregon also represented from Baker City, btw.

I used to own half the Datsun trucks in La Grande, but now I know about ten other 521 and 620 owners in town, so that whittles me down deep into minority status (only two of them run anyway!)

It's just that all the others around my neighborhood aren't really into Datsun trucks...they all are just driving used pick-ups that happen to be Datsuns. Mine have pretty much seen better days & are not the most show-worthy presentations the world has ever seen, but I'm not in the mood (nor need) to flip any of them anyway. Minor fix-it issues and a little TLC (Time, Labor & Cash) & they'll be safe and reliable once again.

I sure wish the '78 620 kingcab EV conversion had the range to take 'er down to Boise this Saturday. It was upgraded in Hubbard, Oregon earlier this summer, and I've yet to bring it back to La Grande. The guy could have driven it to the Canby gtg if he could plug it in for five hours or so to get the juice to drive back to his place. It's a great truck & I'm proud of it of course...clean, straight...and there's nothing glacial about the way it accelerates and goes beyond freeway speed limits; so it can easily burn rubber like those parking lot pavement pics you guys posted from your gtg's in the Boise area..despite the fact it weighs well over two tons w/all those batteries, etc. The longbed also runs like a champ and I wouldn't hesitate right now to drive it the length of the Pan American Highway to Tierra Del Fuego and back if need be. Not pretty, but pretty reliable.

Hey, you all have a great time in Boise this Saturday...may my spirit be ominipresent at this gathering as I've known for years I have the blessing of the Datsun gods. I'm already committed with a trip in a lumbering 50-year old VW bus going the other way to Portland this Saturday...oh boy...road construction, 90-degree heat with a first-gen aircooled engine, limited cash on hand--it's gonna be an adventure alright...

Some inspiration :D

Hope you make it out soon....

what we need.......

BBQ many thanks to andy

soda me

carne asada? sickboy

hamburger meat 20 pattys+

hotdogs 20+ me

ham buns

hotdog buns chester

condiments

plateschester

napkinschester

A TABLE chester

What are YOU bringing?

WE STILL NEED CONDIMENTS, BURGERS, TORTILLAS, BURGER BUNS....... WHOS DOWN!!!?!?!

Truck is loaded with parts! Boss was ok with my using a couple hours PTO as long as I have 40 hours.

There is a charge problem, but I'll put a fresh charge on the known good battery and shouldn't have a problem getting there.

I'll pick up some premade hamburger patties and some cheese slices. Somebody better bring condiments dangit... Nothing worse then plain burgers. Don't forget the relish! :)

Table!? Bah, just bring some sawhorses and toss a tailgate on there!

no i dont need gas... i once again just dont have any extra cash.

and now one of the rear shocks decided it didnt want to be straight anymore... its all gay now..

fuuuuuu...

ill be there after 330. like 345ish.. anyone still gonna be there?

no i dont need gas... i once again just dont have any extra cash.

and now one of the rear shocks decided it didnt want to be straight anymore... its all gay now..

fuuuuuu...

ill be there after 330. like 345ish.. anyone still gonna be there?

EVERYONES GOING TO BE THERE. See you at 345.

Probably a few minutes after 2. I could be there at 1:30 if you need help setting anything up.

Ya Ill be there at 130 if you want to show up a little early that would be rad.... 515 8331 in case you need it.... or anyone else needs it....

Somebody better bring buns and condiments..... If not we are eating meat balls....

I'll stop in Ontario and grab some ketchup, mustard and don't forget the relish. Oh ya buns too dang it!

Had long week at work. Did not leave Tacoma till 3pm yesterday. Traffid was effin murder!!!!

I'll be there tho DAMMIT! Gonna leave here bout 11 Idaho time. C y'all there

Been home for bout 30 mins. Me and the wifey were drinkin a couple cold ones. I looked at her and said, "You suppose I should start postin up those oics?"

She looked back at me and said, "Unless you want the ban hammer to come down on yer ass, I would be for postin some dam oics!"

Alright, I guess I can post oics and drink at the same time.