510 Weight Thread

HRH

'71 510 Wagon, gutted, 8-point rollcage, IRS, L20b, 280z 5 speed, 280/200 rotors, wilwoods, coilovers, r180, f/r sways, 12 gal fuel cell, plastic hood/hatch/fenders/windows, glass windshield, 14x7 panas - 2000# certified (meets min required for class)

• 2 years later...
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally weighed the 510 and its pretty heavy compared to what everyone else is claiming. I used a truck scale so not sure how accurate.

2 Door
VG30DE
200zx front brakes (I think)
Bolt-in rollbar and rear seat
100% full tank of gas

2520 lbs

Finally weighed the 510 and its pretty heavy compared to what everyone else is claiming. I used a truck scale so not sure how accurate.

2 Door

VG30DE

200zx front brakes (I think)

Bolt-in rollbar and rear seat

100% full tank of gas

2520 lbs

That VGDE is a HEAVY motor. Like, way bigger than anything anyone else is swapping into dimes regularly. Most likely at least part of the problem you're having. 

• 2 years later...

I just posted this in my build thread, but I figured I would put it here as well to add some info to the thread.

Specs:

KA24de

R180

280zx struts w/Willwood calipers

4 point roll bar

Stripped interior (fixed bucket drivers seat, no rear seat, no carpet, no passenger seat, no heater)

No bumpers

All steel body panels.

Many other "useless" :hmm: things removed such as high beams, horns, misc brackets, spare tire well, etc.

I finally had a chance to get my car on a set of proper corner scales yesterday.  I'm very pleased with the result.  All it took to get the cross weights to 50/50 was two turns on the front right coilover.  Also pleased at the weight with me out of the car.  It would be cool to loose 50 lbs and get the car under 1900 lbs, but drastic measures might be necessary for that, and I'm not quite sure I'm ready to get that crazy.  Any weight loss measures will be concentrated at the front though, at an attempt to improve the F/R weight distribution.

All weights are with 1/4 tank of gas (~3 gallons, which is what I typically run when autocrossing).

Total weight without me.

36996274272_d60b83cfdf_z.jpgTotal_WO_Driver by Eldukerino, on Flickr

Total with me.

36331283374_09fc05c443_z.jpgTotal by Eldukerino, on Flickr

Rear.

36996275272_b51c990ae7_z.jpgPercent_Rear by Eldukerino, on Flickr

Front.

36331283704_089d289f2f_z.jpgPercent_Front by Eldukerino, on Flickr

Right front/left rear cross weight.

36996275562_d5d796e3b9_z.jpgCross_RF_LR by Eldukerino, on Flickr

Left front/right rear cross weight.

36331284034_68f8c96125_z.jpgCross_LF_RR by Eldukerino, on Flickr

You may notice that there is a small amount of fluctuation in the weights, I just chalk this up to "noise" in the scales and ignore it.