The longest distance driven for a job interview

Guest 510kamikazifreak

Guest 510kamikazifreak

Mine is 1000 kms :blink:

Did it this past week,Calgary,Alberta, for a couple of job interviews :blink:

Was a fun road trip,Quick on the way up 9 hrs to Banff(in a rental) :lol:

A little slower on the way back :blink: Got held up in the mountains (snow and Ice)

The great white north job hunt is on :rolleyes:

Nothing in the place I live(other than dead end min wage crap, mostly part time)

I am pondering a couple offers I had out there :o

But now I am going to Victoria on Monday for yet another interview :blink: (would much rather have a job there :cool: )

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 510kamikazifreak

You bet road trips are fun :cool:

This one was decided Friday afternoon,Hit the road Monday.

I would have taken one of the vehicles I have but was a quick trip and rather not stress,It was a paid for trip so nothing lost :cool:

The car was a 09 hyundai elantra :o

Total fuel costs for a the round trip were just under $150.00 :o

And no light foot :rolleyes:

Got the crap scared out of me on the way back in chilliwack(the wack)

flashing lights behind me :o

was only a medi vehicle ;)

Guest 510kamikazifreak

Good luck on the job hunt Lou.

Thanks Rich,

Do hope to stay on this side of the rockies :cool:

I will say was -4 in the day in Calgary and about -14 at night,It is colder here in the plus 6 range :o

Guest 510kamikazifreak

i know it has to suck doing job interveiws when the weather is so bad. u deserve a high paying position for the determination. good luck!!!

:thumbup:

thanks'

have to live up to my english decent name(do-er )

:ninja:

Just on the quest for a good job,No bullshit attached :thumbup:

Thanks Rich,

Do hope to stay on this side of the rockies :cool:

I will say was -4 in the day in Calgary and about -14 at night,It is colder here in the plus 6 range :o

argh! I had -20 last year. my water line froze up I was out of water for a week. This year has been great for the cold factor but no snow pack means dry summer? Today we got a good blow hurricane force south easterly! my tarp on my roof was takin a shit kickin so I had to get up there and place some more old 620 rims on her! I have friends in Alberta and I don't understand why they moved there? money I guess?(no dis-respect to any of you Albertan's) As for distance I've driven for an interview, I've never left the island (knock on wood)

Guest 510kamikazifreak

argh! I had -20 last year. my water line froze up I was out of water for a week. This year has been great for the cold factor but no snow pack means dry summer? Today we got a good blow hurricane force south easterly! my tarp on my roof was takin a shit kickin so I had to get up there and place some more old 620 rims on her! I have friends in Alberta and I don't understand why they moved there? money I guess?(no dis-respect to any of you Albertan's) As for distance I've driven for an interview, I've never left the island (knock on wood)

Its a different cold here Rich..

BC had a cold dry last year,it was good....

No snow pack means shit for water!!!

I liked the fact it was SUNNY,Shit aint seen that in the "ditch" for a while!!!

The people factor out in Calgary is WOW,Saw the C? train, Shit was loaded into the core(downtown) If one person moved they all would have too??

Thats not my style!!!

The places I went wanted me there! I said I need to think it through(family)

In reality not a place to bring up a family(Calgary),If it were strictly money then its a go!!!

Jobs are everywhere there ,every single place we went too, had a help wanted sign!!!

Now if I could get the "ultimate" job out there in my trade in a small town,I would be there in a minute :blink:

I could do it from home!!!! :cool:

Guest 510kamikazifreak

Real time qoute!!!!

you live in Port Alberni??? we are located in Victoria...which is too bad because i want you to come in for an interview Lou :cool:

I called them today, Darren said he wants me there? :cool:

Here is to hoping I stay on the ROCK!!

Guest 510kamikazifreak

Well it looks like I will be in Victoria :blink:

Had a few calls this afternoon from the employer down there.

Time to get out of port anyhow :lol: The job situation here is as sad as it gets :blink:

House is on the market as of tomorrow..

Apperantly 30 - 40 % of people buying here right now are from out of town :blink: :blink:

Port can be nice when the weather co-operates. Seen one or two nice days there. Damn that fog can make it seem 10 below. Come over the 'hump' and see the fog and start shivering.

Gold River's the same. Mill closes and people leave. Buyers just want a quiet place to retire.

Lou my 710s from Vic.

Guest 510kamikazifreak

Port can be nice when the weather co-operates. Seen one or two nice days there. Damn that fog can make it seem 10 below. Come over the 'hump' and see the fog and start shivering.

Lou my 710s from Vic.

Yeh Port can be "nice" when its not foggy Mike :lol: or rainy,or cloudy ,or,or,or :o :lol:

When the weather hits, it hits for months and months :blink:

Its pretty hot in the summer :blink:

The "word" on the street is lotta retired people heading this way(go figure jobs are umm not here :blink: )

I could always live back in Ladysmith and commute to Vic(did that in the early to mid 90s) was ok :unsure:

I have spent alot of time in Vic,Did my apprentiship at camosun(sheesh thats forever ago)

Used to "cruise" all the time there for looking dattos :P :D

The Orange car is from Vic,Same as the 200 :lol:

Guest 510kamikazifreak

What a day :blink:

Or should I say past few days :unsure:

Our house is listed!

Realtors did a walk(whole office)through today.

We looked at a rental in Cobble Hill,Nice area(farms)Very big layout in the house :cool:

Shared 5 acres, but :cool:

Owners are very decent,They are holding it till I get "word" from the place I went to an interview today

So the place I went to for the interview today,I walk in said have an interview etc,The guy says we hired a guy :o

But wait a min I will get so and so,

So had the interview(Victoria) ,They tell me they are just "upgrading" operating systems etc :blink:

So me the way I am, can it do this or that or this,There look >> :blink: <<

Hmm he seems to know what this is all about :lol: :lol:

So about 3/4 way through the interview

They say we "want" you to be the parts manager :lol: :o

Then at the end of it I said what are my odds,They all said in my favour :cool:

The boss lady was there but boss man was home sick,

Heres hoping the "boss" man says yeh :D :hyper: