Metalflake roof action!

Hey...I was just checkin out Fisch's 59 build page and I had a thought that might help us both out a little... :rolleyes:

How many of you guys and gals have metalflake paint on the roof of your Ratsun? Anyone? How about anyone that has seen it done really well on some other car or truck? I am starting to get the idea that it would be effing sweet on my 521...seen here for ease of comparison:

P9300047.jpg

and a close up shot for use in Photoshop...(suggestive...wink wink ;) ):

P9300053.jpg

Anybody got any thoughts on a particular color combo that would go well with my truck? Willing to PhotoChop it for me? Last time I got so much input for My Simca that it was overwhelming! This one should be way easier since its just a recolor of the top...I am thinking that the rain gutter would stay the same color it is now and that the front could either stop at the line at the upper corner of the window, or roll around in a slow arc that would match the roundness of the rear of the roof...or it could run all the way down the A pillars to the cowl...I look forward to seeing what you think!

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kamakazi620

Hey...I was just checkin out Fisch's 59 build page and I had a thought that might help us both out a little... :rolleyes:

How many of you guys and gals have metalflake paint on the roof of your Ratsun? Anyone? How about anyone that has seen it done really well on some other car or truck? I am starting to get the idea that it would be effing sweet on my 521...seen here for ease of comparison:

P9300047.jpg

and a close up shot for use in Photoshop...(suggestive...wink wink ;) ):

P9300053.jpg

Anybody got any thoughts on a particular color combo that would go well with my truck? Willing to PhotoChop it for me? Last time I got so much input for My Simca that it was overwhelming! This one should be way easier since its just a recolor of the top...I am thinking that the rain gutter would stay the same color it is now and that the front could either stop at the line at the upper corner of the window, or roll around in a slow arc that would match the roundness of the rear of the roof...or it could run all the way down the A pillars to the cowl...I look forward to seeing what you think!

I say do it Silver like yer rims or repaint rims and roof Cocaine white pearl flake!!

Pearlescent White is a great color. My riviera was pearl white. I didn't have to wash it for a looong time because the color hides dirt very well.

These are the qualities i like in my paint. Hides dirt, hides scratches. hides hideous bodywork.

Basically, I want to be able to call my car Cher. (which would be a great name for a pearl white paint!)

Joe

Guest kamakazi620

Pearlescent White is a great color. My riviera was pearl white. I didn't have to wash it for a looong time because the color hides dirt very well.

These are the qualities i like in my paint. Hides dirt, hides scratches. hides hideous bodywork.

Basically, I want to be able to call my car Cher. (which would be a great name for a pearl white paint!)

Joe

You forgot t say "hides ma pee pee"

Alright...Great input guys! it's good to hear that my own thoughts on the deal are being supported. I was thinking that a color similar to my rims would be awesome...a lighter color though.

Anyone wanna "spray paint" my roof for me and show me what it might look like if it was actually painted? ;)

Here is my spray paint mock up.

100_1236.jpg

but i want to do it in

135_0308_flake_11_z.jpg

We could do them both at the same time! ;)

Just looked it up and Ed Roth Metal flake is 15 bucks for 4oz. To be safe, enough for one roof. And i got a guy next to me that says he can do it...

Edit: 120 bucks to do both roofs.

WORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am just not sure that I want that much silverish..as opposed to more whiteish...?

Yours would look so sick with silver though! Or were you thinking white too? Maybe I should just drive up and we could dream a little with both trucks side by side? Or maybe during the upcoming "521 ripping session" we could check it out then.

HPIM0583.jpg

Like this sorta...only less Chevyish and more Ratsunish :cool:

My skills at photoshop/paint are zero.

Here is my idea. By the way I love the Original Bamboo color.

1265949708ed.jpg

That should be Rootbeer Metalflake not Rootbeer Metalic. I think also to break the cab colors where I drew the white line and the rootbeer where I drew the drown line. My thinking on breaking the the colors where I marked is this would cover most of the the area the would have the most wear. Also paint rims to match the roof color.

You might PM Edz280zx and see if he can do you a rendition of your truck with the color scheme you want. He does charge for this but it sure is a lot cheaper than painting your truck and not liking the color combination. Just a suggestion.

Here is edz rendition of my truck.

520-1.jpg

It gives you an idea of what it will look like.

Looks very cool to me...but I don't want the white...or whatever it ends up being...to go down that far. I really like Backwoods Tribute:

DatsunBackwoods.jpg

But I don't want that look on mine. Everyhting else YES! I actually purchased several types and shades of a darker brown months ago to check against my paint...RootBeer is a good one...good eye man! :)

The bedliner will more than likely stay as is...since I'm a broke suckah!