• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thats the last toy I had before I got my datsun. I sold it to pay for my honeymoon. :)

Pretty fun and a lot more room then my fj40.

I always wanted to do a spring over on mine, but never quite got there.

They are built like tanks.

Here is my fav.

Crop1.jpg

I want this , but Im out of room

http://seattle.craigslist.org/est/car/471818008.html

That is a pretty nice 60, but 7 still seems like a lot to me. The 350/350 combo is nice, but i'd run just the plain ol rams horn manifold. I'm not a big fan of headers. I still love toyota 4wheel drives, and will own another sometime. I think i'll try the fj80 next. A little nicer inside, stock locking front and rear difs, and coils instead of leaves.

I think i'll try the fj80 next. A little nicer inside, stock locking front and rear difs, and coils instead of leaves.

Thats what my friend says, but I only want to know sold school stuff. Carbs!!!!!! and manual transmission and manual fuel pumps plus 4 dr 4x4. Something I can fix on the side of the road.

anyway it is SOLD already

I offered 6800$

Nice rig!!!!

but notice on the one for sake how close the spark plug wires are to the header. Is this normal?

Iam so tempted to offer 7K and see what he says

But I have 3 datsuns

a Jeep Cherokee

3 , 2 stroke street bikes!!!!!!!!!! and always looking for another (RZ500)

Hainz my buddy at work would shit if he new you had those street bikes he use to race (canyon and track day) one back in the day and wants one BAD he has a FJ1200 from the early/mid 80s that he bought new and skunks all these kids on their R1s and such around here. any pics I can tease him with?

Nice rig!!!!

but notice on the one for sake how close the spark plug wires are to the header. Is this normal?

It's a sloppy wiring job, too long. Some GM V8s had the wires under the exhaust and come up between the pipes. The newer silicone wires can take the heat much much better than the '60s muscle cars wires. That front wire isn't even on the first spark plug!!!

No way. That would be ... stupid. It should be next to the second wire as a pair just like the back two. They all need to be shortened and clipped to looms. It just doesn't look right like that.

Maybe I should just buy it and do it right.

the first wire is wraped from outside top going under.

FJ

here are some photos

I saw a 75 RD 250 the white with red strip stock imaculate condition. ONly 1500miles on it and the guy wanted like $1500 dollars. I was almost going to buy that then said What Am I thinking???????????????? I have not more room. But Doug Datsunaholic said remove the fridge and you can place a RD upright(Great Idea!)

I only got these bikes cause they were around when I was a kid. and the Harley scene has taken over but these are cool little bikes that everybody still loves,even the Harley guys.

The only other bikes I would like maybe pick up itf a good deal is a 88-90 Yamaha FZ 400 red/wht(these are cheap) or the RZ500 4 banger 2 stroke(expensive,and expensive to fix)

1975RD350_thumb.jpg

KennyRobertsRZ_thumb.jpg

007_4A_thumb.jpg

020_17A_thumb.jpg

016_13A_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
I want this , but Im out of room

http://seattle.craigslist.org/est/car/471818008.html

you still lookin for one? I have an ex coworker pinoy that has a white one he bought from a used dealer in late 90's. blew a head gasket and never finished the replacing it(last i spoke to him) i know the head went to machine shop, anyhow the rest of it was clean as hell. i believe he was 2nd owner.

If you need more room just give me the beater and take your rims and carbs hehe, i know its sitting in his garage still, let me know i'll contact him on it's status.

i know his old lady would like that shit gone! at least mine likes datsuns:thumbsup: i know this cuz everytime she sees a 510 or truck to and from work she tells me.

last summer she told me she saw clean slammed green 620 kingcab at a Renton Mcdonalds drive-up I already knew who it was.

• 1 month later...

Hainz, When looking at the fj80's. remember that not all of them have the factory lockers, as it was an option. Would like to find a couple of those factory electric lockes to install in my 1976 FJ40, As i am not trading for anything newer. I've owned it for too long to part with it now.

jason