WTB: Goon Parts

need the horn parts for the stock wheel (or a whole wheel)

inner rubber shift boot

black back seat (have a nice teal one to get rid of when I find one)

black rear goon carpet

510 BRE spook

weber air cleaner

set of seat belts (the kind with the button releases instead of the latches)

still tryin to think about what I need so Ill prob be adding some more...

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Skib, have you considered using a vinyl dye on your rear seat? There is this high quality stuff called SEM dye (not paint) that actually gets absorbed into the vinyl. This is a lot better than the cheap $7/can plastic paint stuff you buy at your local auto store. This SEM stuff is only available from auto paint supply stores or on the web of course. I picked up a few cans at my local car paint supply place and redid my CRX (yes I drive cars other than my Datsun) interior from blue to black. I gave it plenty of time to cure just to be safe and so far am very happy with it. I also did try the cheap $7 cans to do a few plastic trim pieces since this SEM stuff isn't exactly cheap but those pieces have some flaking on them since they are plastic paints and not dyes. Anyway I found a video showing a demo of it so you can get the idea. This might be a better alternative for you expecially since you mention your back seat is in good condition. Good luck.

Hey Skib, have you considered using a vinyl dye on your rear seat? There is this high quality stuff called SEM dye (not paint) that actually gets absorbed into the vinyl. This is a lot better than the cheap $7/can plastic paint stuff you buy at your local auto store. This SEM stuff is only available from auto paint supply stores or on the web of course. I picked up a few cans at my local car paint supply place and redid my CRX (yes I drive cars other than my Datsun) interior from blue to black. I gave it plenty of time to cure just to be safe and so far am very happy with it. I also did try the cheap $7 cans to do a few plastic trim pieces since this SEM stuff isn't exactly cheap but those pieces have some flaking on them since they are plastic paints and not dyes. Anyway I found a video showing a demo of it so you can get the idea. This might be a better alternative for you expecially since you mention your back seat is in good condition. Good luck.

Ya Iv deff thought about just dieing it but I figure Ill see if theres a cheap one local, if not Ill just have to dye it. Prob see if the parts store stocks any SEM while Im there

need the horn parts for the stock wheel (or a whole wheel)

inner rubber shift boot

black back seat (have a nice teal one to get rid of when I find one)

dunno if there is an inner boot...

gotta a decent used piece. aftermarket off ebay were ~$15

i have a horn pad (and 1 w/o the 1/2 ring) and a decent stock wheel (only small cracks seen from behind on the center)

not sure im ready to sell the R seat... maybe by canby???

if you have the back (folding section) to the teal, id consider it a trade :)

dunno if there is an inner boot...

gotta a decent used piece. aftermarket off ebay were ~$15

the like rubber boot bit

i have a horn pad (and 1 w/o the 1/2 ring) and a decent stock wheel (only small cracks seen from behind on the center)

Iv got a nice wheel and pad I just dont have the bits in between em :P most people dont want to pull apart a good wheel for just the horn parts so Ill but a complete wheel in what ever shape just to get the horn parts out lol

not sure im ready to sell the R seat... maybe by canby???

if you have the back (folding section) to the teal, id consider it a trade :)

think Iv got a line on the seat but if I get it Ill have a full teal rear that I woulnt be needing ;)

bits inbetween? the plastic clips? didnt i already commit to finding you some? :wacko:

whats missing??? spring?...

lol I have no idea whats sposta be there, Iv got a bare wheel and a bare pad. I found a spring under the seat that looks like a horn spring :P

if it fits the center of the pad and is ~2" long, thats prolly it.

there are 3 plastic L shaped tabs attached to the pad that lock into the ring on the wheel.

I dont even have the ring, I assume thats what bolts on to the 3 empty threaded holes on the wheel lol

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.