Anyone from NM, AZ, TX (or the general region)

Patch

Just looking for some Datsun people. Used to be on NWDE when I had my first 620. Sold it since then, worked at a Datsun performance/resto shop for a short while, had to move (again), so I just picked up a KA'd 620 to get back in the scene.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 510kamikazifreak

PICS!!! How do we know your not a NM Little green Man? Huh? Huh? Thought so <_<

Radio

Dont worry about Radio

He is from the cavity of Canada :P :lol:

The placenta fogs his vision :rofl:

KICK ASS DUDE!!

im from carlsbad!

haha 70 miles your neighbor!

-madison

Damn awesome, ill be building the truck up pretty nice and could always use an extra hand!

And nope, not a little green man. Just moved here a month ago from Houston. Haha maybe they'll turn me into an alien.

I am always down to help and learn. I am in the process of building an L20B and restomodding my 521. I, too, could use a hand from time to time!

let me know when and where... perhaps we could get interest going in datto's around here, everyone likes thier damn chevys and fords round these parts... haha

I see you have an integra, too? i would like to have one, myself.. buddy of mine has a sweet delsol we are about to put a b18b in. we dig company and help with a head on it's shoulders!

(575)302-4204 is my number if you ever need anything.

Oh cool I lived in amarillo for years. City has really grown since I was there.

My 620 has a KA24E from a 240sx with the 240 tranny and ecu/wiring harness. Pretty cool little setup. Was turbo'd once upon a time but I took the turbo kit off it a couple years ago and put it on a 240sx I got from the same owner of the the truck. 2 years later, he still has the truck so I bought that too haha.

Yea my Integra has been a project of mine for a while. Have a very built b20 waiting to be installed, though the car is actually for sale right now, so it may end up in something else haha.

so it's pretty sound then, eh? may need a new daily to get me through the rest of school..

i've got an explorer at the moment and i'm getting tired of it. pretty solid runner though, just not my style... plus it has some quarter damage too.

may have to come take a look at it..

Yea it's a very solid runner. My daily actually. Lots of new parts on it. Just needs a windshield and to fix the quarter panel. Got alot of spare parts as you can see on CL. Probably more, don't even remember what all put on there.

Just saw this thread...didn't think there was anyone else in this state on this site. I'm up in Albuquerque and there is a guy runnin around very close to my neighborhood with a 510,,,,just ain't been able to catch em. :unsure:

Just saw this thread...didn't think there was anyone else in this state on this site. I'm up in Albuquerque and there is a guy runnin around very close to my neighborhood with a 510,,,,just ain't been able to catch em. :unsure:

Catch him! Make him sell you the car, then you can sell it to me! Haha. I don't care if it's rusted through the doors, no interior, exhaust hanging on the ground, lights not working, I want a 510. Lol.

The dude is a teacher at the academy up here. His dime is done up like the BRE #46 orange and white. Prettty sweet lookin ride, but I need to get my coupe on the road next to him cuz I think he may be a Datto snob....passed him one day in the POS Suzuki I drive, gave him a thumbs up and got ignored :lol: :lol:

The dude is a teacher at the academy up here. His dime is done up like the BRE #46 orange and white. Prettty sweet lookin ride, but I need to get my coupe on the road next to him cuz I think he may be a Datto snob....passed him one day in the POS Suzuki I drive, gave him a thumbs up and got ignored :lol: :lol:

Haha alot of 510 owners are like that I can imagine. Since the "scene" for that car is so hopped up now.

Yea, I've always said Dot-sun. My old boss, who used to be a tranny tech at a Datsun dealership (man has been in the datto/nissan game a long time), always pronounced it Dat-sen. Used to drive me nuts but eventually I got over it.

As AZHitman mentioned, there's a LOT of datto guys here in Arizona, mostly around Phoenix. Just had a huge swap meet that would have been worth driving over for. We'll post another one, so keep an eye in the events section.

I know there's some guys in Albuquerque, who are on the 510 e-mail group.

The technical pronunciation sounds like "da-to-san". Learned that in Japanese class.

So whoever did the original swap on my datosan wasn't very thorough. Wiring is a HUGE mess. The ecu is mounted under the hood, Tons of cut wires just hanging out of it :(

I think I'm going to buy another harness and re-do the swap the correct way. Anyone have KA-T experience in their datosan 620? Trying to decide on IC piping placement with the MAF in mind.