New 510 Coupe

86 720

the search is over, funny, didn't even last that long...

Found a torn down 72 2-door less than half a mile away from my house. Car has surface rust, in the bay area, driver and passenger side floorboard need to be replaced, and all the glass except for windshield was included. Also have a few trunks and hoods. All the pieces were either inside the car or in tubs. Scored a rebuilt head and block too.

DSC02815.jpg

DSC02814.jpg

WTF?

DSC02813.jpg

DSC02811.jpg

DSC02809.jpg

DSC02808.jpg

Extra head, rebuilt one is wrapped

DSC02806.jpg

New home. Friend has a nifty tow bar that bolted on to the frame.

DSC02817.jpg

DSC02805.jpg

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont get discouraged no matter what you do, especially when people say "Man that needs work" Mine to was far worse than your find. That is a perfect 510 to make it what you want it to be. Me and four guys carried my dime into my garage and set it on some rounds off wood the first day )shell only, no glass wirin or suspension) :) Atleast you rolled yours to its new home:)

The one on the right was a shell...the one on the left was a rust bucket I got a week before for 100 bucks...people including my wife thought I was stupid and crazy :)

P2290058.jpg

Now I am about 1500 bucks from driving my very own custom 510 machine!

P1010790.jpg

Everytime I wanted to say fuck it....I went to another section of the car and did something new.

GOOD LUCK AND GREAT CAR

PS do I see a keg on the right? Thats funny if I went out this second and took that same picture of my car the keg would be in the same spot in the pic in the garage ha ha

Everytime I wanted to say fuck it....I went to another section of the car and did something new.

GOOD LUCK AND GREAT CAR

PS do I see a keg on the right? Thats funny if I went out this second and took that same picture of my car the keg would be in the same spot in the pic in the garage ha ha

Thanks for the encouragement! Your car looks great!

Yes, that is a keg, there are actually two there. Had to move hem aside to get the car in. My garage is slighlty full with house stuff. I just bought my first house and have been renovating it so all my stuff is in the garage. I haven't been able to do danything since I bought the car, but this weekend I'll tear into it. Previous owner had to notarize the title, and it took him longer than I expected.