VEEDUB mk2 project

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

very nice! is it updated to CE2 with motronic or is it still running CE1 with teh standard CIS-E?? i have a 90 GLI with the same motor you do, a 9A 2.0l 16v and a 2Y 5spd. nice combo. just watch out for the dizzys. the seals leak and it fries the electronics. $300 or so for a dizzy or $85+ for the hall effect. i have 2 dead and one dying dizzs right now. it sucks when you have 3 16vs.

and since we all like pictures, here is my GLI, after it was fixed from being TOTALED!!!!!! its not as nice anymore. its been broken for over a year now so parts have migrated to various places.

th_Picture0072.jpg

th_Picture0192.jpg

thanks! probably going to take it to maaco or flat black it with some rattle cans. anyone have an opinion on paint?

I think flat black MKII's are hot looking. Don't rattle can it though you can just buy a half gallon of flat black and spray it.

Just picked this up. 87 GTI with a Freshly rebuilt 16v and tranny from a 1992. has the big bumpers and yadayada. Just needs fresh paint and some love in the cosmetic department.

PICS:

35a258o.jpg

2epkps0.jpg

sdn1nt.jpg

A long time ago I was going to try and make that grill work in a 510

the motor and tranny have been gone through and rebuilt with about 10k on it now. its currently in the making. today i got all the interior together and the red striped black interior looks really nice. i'll clean it up and take some pics tomorrow. I will be removing all exterior plastics and painting them Semi Flat Black. The color looks really nice so i may use it for the whole car. I haven't enough money for a maaco at the moment.