Gonna be a

Guest 510kamikazifreak

Guest 510kamikazifreak

Is too :cool:

Hmm the job situation in Port :o

Pretty bleak in the valley!

There was a stat on the web stating that there are approx 5000 full time employed people out of a population of 17-18000 in the "city" :o

Dont think that there are that many retired folks here ;)

I have a couple months job search through comp left,And was told can get ei,Hope to secure something before then(most likely out of town) :unsure:

Here is a ei stat for port

http://www2.canada.com/albernivalleytimes/news/story.html?id=84d26dd4-4222-43c1-a73b-eea33a2ade9b

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is too :cool:

Hmm the job situation in Port :o

Pretty bleak in the valley!

There was a stat on the web stating that there are approx 5000 full time employed people out of a population of 17-18000 in the "city" :o

Dont think that there are that many retired folks here ;)

I have a couple months job search through comp left,And was told can get ei,Hope to secure something before then(most likely out of town) :unsure:

Here is a ei stat for port

http://www2.canada.com/albernivalleytimes/news/story.html?id=84d26dd4-4222-43c1-a73b-eea33a2ade9b

Wow, that doesn't look good Lou. I knew the forestry sector was hurting along with the fishing, but, wow... 94 business shut down too ... That definetly sounds tough over there these days. Good luck with the hunt man!

Guest 510kamikazifreak

Wow, that doesn't look good Lou. I knew the forestry sector was hurting along with the fishing, but, wow... 94 business shut down too ... That definetly sounds tough over there these days. Good luck with the hunt man!

Port seems to get pretty hard when things turn down.

The way I see it now what will be, will be,No point stressing over anything,

I could always fall back on the many years of "cooking" experience that I have :no: Dont really want to but if need be :sneaky:

Do wish could do other type(non light "duty" work) stupid back :mellow:

Port seems to get pretty hard when things turn down.

The way I see it now what will be, will be,No point stressing over anything,

I could always fall back on the many years of "cooking" experience that I have :no: Dont really want to but if need be :sneaky:

Do wish could do other type(non light "duty" work) stupid back :mellow:

I hear you Lou, things are slowing down on this side too. I'm guessing that it's not going to be a heck of a lot better this year than last year, way I look at it I'm just getting another year closer to retirement!

Guest 510kamikazifreak

I hear you Lou, things are slowing down on this side too. I'm guessing that it's not going to be a heck of a lot better this year than last year, way I look at it I'm just getting another year closer to retirement!

Yeh is tight all over for sure.

Will be sometime before everything bounces back.

Retirement hmm now thats sounds like fun :lol: