'72 Fuel Filler Hose

LenRobertson

Pulled my gas tank to clean it and the already cracked filler hose tore in half (this is the hose with the little vent hose molded to it). I found this site: http://www.new-datsun-parts.com/datsun-510-parts-exterior1.html that has "DATSUN 510 FUEL TANK FILLER HOSE" for $48. Anyone know if the quality of these is okay? Are they NOS? Made in China? Or are these hoses still available from Nissan?

I have the DQ article on hacking a 240SX metal filler neck for a 510, but 240s are rare at P&S. I've heard a 280ZX neck can be used. Anyone tried this? Or some other metal neck with vent tube welded to it that can be made to work? If I can get a JY metal neck to work, I can skip the expensive molded rubber hose that will probably start cracking sometime in the future.

Len

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pulled my gas tank to clean it and the already cracked filler hose tore in half (this is the hose with the little vent hose molded to it). I found this site: http://www.new-datsun-parts.com/datsun-510-parts-exterior1.html that has "DATSUN 510 FUEL TANK FILLER HOSE" for $48. Anyone know if the quality of these is okay? Are they NOS? Made in China? Or are these hoses still available from Nissan?

I have the DQ article on hacking a 240SX metal filler neck for a 510, but 240s are rare at P&S. I've heard a 280ZX neck can be used. Anyone tried this? Or some other metal neck with vent tube welded to it that can be made to work? If I can get a JY metal neck to work, I can skip the expensive molded rubber hose that will probably start cracking sometime in the future.

Len

you can get some bitchin hose at the autoparts store, it has like 5 layers and a steel wire core, its about 12 bucks a foot

• Like 1

Thanks for all the ideas. I think I'll work on trying the metal filler neck hack. I need to dig out the DQ article and reread it. It would be nice to do a fix that I wouldn't have to mess with anymore, and use that super heavy hose ghettobraden mentions. I'm a lousy welder, but I know someone who can do that part for me. But it is good to know the New Datsun Parts company is a reliable source of parts.

Len

• 1 year later...

Are there any updates to this thread? (like maybe there's a cheap substitute that can be bought brand new aftermarket for $7 and it fits perfectly?)

in youre dreams step up and buy the damn thing. i got some from nissan a few yeas ago. they had new nissan logos on the bags they came in

• 3 months later...