Brought home my 620 today.

Lynx

And it sure is a piece of crap. I think I might have bitten off more than I can chew. I have quite a list of thing that it needs before I can even get it to move, but I still need to clean it out and take stock of what all I have here. I was so excited to actually find a 620 I bought it before I really sat down and thought about what it would take to get this thing remotely decent again.

And yes, I ahve the hood, it's in the bed. It was taken off "to be in a christmas play" a couple weeks ago, I was afraid to ask for details. o_0

4231780114_1c73d6b13c_o.jpg

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And it sure is a piece of crap. I think I might have bitten off more than I can chew. I have quite a list of thing that it needs before I can even get it to move, but I still need to clean it out and take stock of what all I have here. I was so excited to actually find a 620 I bought it before I really sat down and thought about what it would take to get this thing remotely decent again.

And yes, I ahve the hood, it's in the bed. It was taken off "to be in a christmas play" a couple weeks ago, I was afraid to ask for details. o_0

4231780114_1c73d6b13c_o.jpg

Dude she doesn't look that bad! We've seen worse for sure. I actually love the beat up patina of this rig, and once you wash it, it should look rattastic!

How are the floors? Give us more details! (And pics!) Engine, brakes electronics, that is all doable and there is ton of help here for that.

Many of us get buyers remorse after we drag one home. That will pass as you start to bring her back!

Like they said,you've got a good start there. It looks better than mine did when I got it.

A Datsun hood in a Christmas play... I'd like to see that.

'Behold, I bring you glad tidings ,and a hood from a Datsun king cab'

Or the 3 wise men bringing gifts of gold,frankensense,and a Datsun hood.

It could work...

Keep us posted with more pics!

Good luck!

Like they said,you've got a good start there. It looks better than mine did when I got it.

A Datsun hood in a Christmas play... I'd like to see that.

'Behold, I bring you glad tidings ,and a hood from a Datsun king cab'

Or the 3 wise men bringing gifts of gold,frankensense,and a Datsun hood.

It could work...

Keep us posted with more pics!

Good luck!

they werent kidding about datsun saves!!!!!

Hey don't be too hard on yourself. I'm sure we all have enough people around us that like to knock us down. Live for what makes you happy, if it's this truck great! If you think it over and decide it's more than your prepared to deal with right now, there's no shame. Just be honest with yourself. They're just decisions, no choice but to keep going. Happy new year and good luck with your choice.

...." I was so excited to actually find a 620 I bought it before I really sat down and thought about what it would take to get this thing remotely decent again..."

I doubt you're alone on that realization....... :rofl: :rofl:

Hahahahahahaaahhhahah! So true! I'm totally down with the mechanicals, but dang, the bodywork, paint and cosmetics skills just escape me.

• 2 weeks later...

It finally warmed up enough that I could tackle the engine bay. Took out a lot of AC parts and well, everything else too. Rust is worse on the inside than i thought, passenger floor is paper thin. It looks like it was leaking in there so thats why they went crazy with the spray foam. Oil drain bolt was just about completely rounded off, not sure how I'm gonna get it off. PB blaster was a livesaver on the AC compressor bracket, crazy how much that thing weighs.

Next on the to-do list is bug spray for the roaches in cab, they were living under the 8(!) floor mats. Then get the engine out and see what I'm workin with. A quick glance under the valve cover, without too much poking around, was promising. I've seen much worse is cars 1/3rd it's age.

4284236719_ab41282857_o.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/crossprocessedsoul/4284236719/