thinking of selling my motor set i just got????

JDM510

soo i just got a full ka24e swap ecu maf harness i have everything out of the 240sx that you might need it has 150k on it still ran perfect i heard it and drove it no knocks ticks or anything 150 comp across the block...

this is the thing.... im thinking since my L16 is soo fresh and no one wants to buy it... im thinking id be better of throwing a weber or a nice set of SU's and a 5 speed since my car is auto since thats all where its really lacking right now.... and i think it will be fun being able to hold it wide open threw the apexs as aposed to being over powerd rather then under powerd?? am i making any sence??

so what you guys think.. im more then capable of putting the motor in and doing mostly everything my self.... but yet im going to miss my L motor

also if any one has a nice L motor with some dual carbs and a 5 speed i might be down to trade them for my full ka24e swap with 5speed!!!!!

oh and a side note just so every one knows after what went down on the realm with the f/s ad the overseas buyer backed out due to not wanting any problems over the sale.. i totally understood and am kind of happy i did not sell the car...... plus he agreed to let me keep half the deposite (150) witch helped me pay for this motor set

Edited by JDM510
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

soo i just got a full ka24e swap ecu maf harness i have everything out of the 240sx that you might need it has 150k on it still ran perfect i heard it and drove it no knocks ticks or anything 150 comp across the block...

this is the thing.... im thinking since my L16 is soo fresh and no one wants to buy it... im thinking id be better of throwing a weber or a nice set of SU's and a 5 speed since my car is auto since thats all where its really lacking right now.... and i think it will be fun being able to hold it wide open threw the apexs as aposed to being over powerd rather then under powerd?? am i making any sence??

so what you guys think.. im more then capable of putting the motor in and doing mostly everything my self.... but yet im going to miss my L motor

also if any one has a nice L motor with some dual carbs and a 5 speed i might be down to trade them for my full ka24e swap with 5speed!!!!!

oh and a side note just so every one knows after what went down on the realm with the f/s ad the overseas buyer backed out due to not wanting any problems over the sale.. i totally understood and am kind of happy i did not sell the car...... plus he agreed to let me keep half the deposite (150) witch helped me pay for this motor set

nothing wrong with an l16 and a 5 speed.

Datto510 runs his stock l16 and hitachi with a dogleg. Its really not that bad, his lil car shits and gets pretty good.

I say go with what you got. Kae. All these kade elitists. Just see the look on their faces when they found out a kae beat them. Only a few people on here can properly tune a set of sidedraft webers. Don't listen. A good set will run you about 800 bucks. Its not worth the hassle. I was in this same situation years ago. Its cheaper,more reliable and more power. You already have the kae.

tuning carbs is not a problem for me...my first dime had dual 44s i know the ups and downs

im just going to miss the vintage cool factor of the L motor...

but yeah im leaning more to the KA but if some one comes up with a nice L motor trade i prolly wont turn it down

oh and that hole kae vs kade bullshit is wack thats why i went with the KAe theirs not that much diff anyways and i feel the KAe has great potential aswell as the ka24de

I say go with what you got. Kae. All these kade elitists. Just see the look on their faces when they found out a kae beat them. Only a few people on here can properly tune a set of sidedraft webers. Don't listen. A good set will run you about 800 bucks. Its not worth the hassle. I was in this same situation years ago. Its cheaper,more reliable and more power. You already have the kae.

Wait, what makes you think an E will just out of nowhere beat a DE?

Wait, what makes you think an E will just out of nowhere beat a DE?

When the e is in my 510 and a de is in a 91 s13. EVERYONE knows that with all things being equal a de will outperform an e. My point is he already has the kae. No need to go buy another engine. Has more power in stock form than an average L series build. With more potential!

tuning carbs is not a problem for me...my first dime had dual 44s i know the ups and downs

im just going to miss the vintage cool factor of the L motor...

but yeah im leaning more to the KA but if some one comes up with a nice L motor trade i prolly wont turn it down

oh and that hole kae vs kade bullshit is wack thats why i went with the KAe theirs not that much diff anyways and i feel the KAe has great potential aswell as the ka24de

stick with the L series, my blue 510 i just sold had a L16, 219 SSS head and dual 44 mikuni's, motor screamed.

let me clear things up a bit here

i have a perfect running L16

i also have a ka 5 speed that i can swap the bell out for a L motor bell

im basicly looking for soem dual carbs for trade for this motor nice SU's or some mikunis