Lost a cylinder!

Broke down and bought a 98 Chevy Metro 2Dr. It only has 3 cylinders. I cant believe the damn thing is only 1.0...:blink: Can complain too much, I only paid $400 for it with about 180k and I see them on CL for $1500 and up and they are no where as clean as mine! I bought it of a coworker, he got it with 30k and he is about in his 60's and he doesnt abuse his gear. it took all of 30 min to put a new timing belt on and another 35 to fix the leak in the exhaust. Slapped 4 new tires on it and an oil change. I filled it up and now after almost 150 miles it hit 3/4 of a tank!:lol:. Needs tint and an alarm, I live in Tacoma and would like to keep it:mad: The guys offered to load it in the back of the 720 when I stopped to pick it up. It prob would fit!! He sold it to me cause the brakes wasnt working right. He said he had them replaced and He still had to stand on the pedal to get the thing to stop. It was the vacuum line to the brake booster was off.:D Hooked it up and it works great, I think I will keep this car for a bit. Hell, what I save in gas per week!!!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If worried about theft just put a kill switch in the fuel pump line and hide somewhere in car. Leave crappy radio in dash and don't lock the car. This way the tweekers don't have to break in to find nothing to steal. :lol:

• Like 1

If worried about theft just put a kill switch in the fuel pump line and hide somewhere in car. Leave crappy radio in dash and don't lock the car. This way the tweekers don't have to break in to find nothing to steal. :lol:

Agreed 100% , I have had people smash my window on my work truck to steal $20 worth of stuff ? huh I mean really ? datzenmike is right , just a bypass switch that cuts the fuel pump is a good way to go ! after people going through my cars over the last 5 years at 1 time per year I learned to put all important documents in a folder , and just take them in with me , putting in a cheap stereo , and leave the thing unlocked ! Hopefully they are there for stupid things instead of the car itself. This will save you the cost of hunting down windows to replace or even doors/fender replacement/bodywork ! I have not had any trouble since , hell even someone wen't through my Z at the parts store last week ! followed my routine and nothing lost ! :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

Agreed 100% , I have had people smash my window on my work truck to steal $20 worth of stuff ? huh I mean really ? datzenmike is right , just a bypass switch that cuts the fuel pump is a good way to go ! after people going through my cars over the last 5 years at 1 time per year I learned to put all important documents in a folder , and just take them in with me , putting in a cheap stereo , and leave the thing unlocked ! Hopefully they are there for stupid things instead of the car itself. This will save you the cost of hunting down windows to replace or even doors/fender replacement/bodywork ! I have not had any trouble since , hell even someone wen't through my Z at the parts store last week ! followed my routine and nothing lost ! :cool:

My Dad still scolds me for not locking my Miata. I'd gladly do it, if he's willing to buy me a new top after some douchebag cuts it to get in.