oil preasure sender 85 4x4

zrex

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it might fit alright but its probably different.

The 4x4 models had the oil pressure gauge that told you the actual pressure. Where as the 2wd models had just a sensor that turned on the idiot light when the oil was low. The 720 ST model 2wds might of had the guage style, not sure about that tho.

senders for the guage and senders for the light are not the same. L series had either a gauge or a light, Z series had both also.

the boss in the block is the same on an L and a Z engine it will take both types of senders, but, you need the correct one for your dash, (Gauge or light) for it to work.

Edited by greybeard
  • 2 weeks later...
it might fit alright but its probably different.

The 4x4 models had the oil pressure gauge that told you the actual pressure. Where as the 2wd models had just a sensor that turned on the idiot light when the oil was low. The 720 ST model 2wds might of had the guage style, not sure about that tho.

The 2WD ST had the same oil/amp guages in the console as the 4x4....if so equipped:lol:

Canadian versions were metric. 0/3/6

or .......0/45/90....lb

Guys, Is the oil preasure sender on a 85 4x4 with a z24 engine the same as any other l series engine? I assume yes but im not 100% sure.

Thanks Rex

If you have the 4X4 gauges your sender will have a two wire plug. The Yellow/Green goes to the dash red warning light for low pressure set at 5-8 PSI. The Yellow/Blue wire goes to the console oil pressure gauge. No L 4 cyl. motor that I know of came with an oil pressure gauge, well, except the '80 720 4X4. All Z and CA powered and 280z/zx vehicles with an oil pressure gauge used this two wire sender.

If all you have is the red warning light the one wire sender is the same for all L and Z series motors.

Edited by datzenmike

The 240/260/280Z and ZX, as well as the 810 had oil pressure gauges. Not a 4-cyl L-series, but still and L-series. But the sender through at least '81 was a single wire sender. Last I priced them they were pretty expensive. They used the same sender on the '80-81 510 (Z20S) and '80-81 200SX (Z20E). When my '80 510 oil pressure gauge quit reading, I used the sender out of a '77 810. Gauge then woked properly.