Well my Baja bug has started to bore me some so I've decided to do something else with it.. Going to make a Baja VW version of Grampa Munster's Drag-u-la

it is going to be like this one somewhat, cept I'm going to place a truckbed on the rear and it will have coil-over suspension:

440101.jpg

Everyone thinks I'm crazy as hell :lol: I say, fuck it if I crash just bury me in it.

• Like 1
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool I like VW also, Past up some pix as you progress!!

A type4 engine from a Van or Vanagon will get you 70HP stock. Cam, dual carbs and exhaust will get you that number for less than blowing a type 1

and since it's a flat cooling engine will give more room for a bed over the top.

My latest project is also a VW, will be a german look 1303 (Super Beetle) it will look something like this when finished

http://blogsimages.skynet.be/images/000/608/839_c83038ed4500a512142de850ce4df26c.jpg

So far just pricing out the beast, part of the project is keeping it cheap.

Casket: 500

Chassis for a bug with title: 400-500 (in debate on tearing down my baja for this lol)

Engine will be free as most the parts for blowing it and more I've got laying around and if I buy a new chassis will be replacing the motor in my baja and using that one.

This will be something on the side with my Datsun though, the roadster is getting priority but mostly keeping the datto stock besides the miata engine swap and bug-u-la shall be my fun lil monster.

I priced out the dune buggy bodies and they are like waaaay to costly.. a casket is cheaper and people will think I've spent more making it. :lol: