Going with a 1970 510

Had to do it,Syclone sold now so hopefully I will be buying this 1970 510 on Saturday that was on CL. Was looking for one with a Bigger,Better motor, who knows might see if the Black Widow is avalable jk! Not too many with SR's or KA's even, but who knows might get one. The 510 is pretty clean nice paint and inside,has a L20 motor with some stuff on it?? not too sure. Has some small 13" blades look like rota's. We will see if it all goes through on Saturday morning. If all goes well will be picking up some 17" rotas slipstream's. Here are some pictures of it.

510d5.jpg

510d.jpg

510d4.jpg

510d2.jpg

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

dude epic!!!! sad to see the syclone go but i would consider this an upgrade lol if you are gonna get rid of the rims let me know i like the old ones:P

It was hard to see it drive off but now I dont have to deal with the smog. But he'll keep in touch with me. I gave him a ride in my 520 his face said it all.

For sure I'll give the best deal on them if I do go with the 17".

He's asking 5k but i'm not paying that. Interior is clean just got off the phone with him new carpet said rear seat and door panels were all done few months back,dash is clean. That what i wanted something clean and not another project yet. No rust which is a plus.

If all goes well will be picking up some 17" rotas slipstream's.

NO......NO ......bad idea

Wheel spacers do not belong on 510s

I am currently searching for negative offset wheels for my bubble flared 510.

I am looking for 16x8 -12mm offset for the rear,,,, and 16x7.5 -10mm for the front

I have bad camber in the back so I am currently trying to tuck 16x9's

First off: Rota slipstreams do not have negative offsets,,,, second: 17's are too big for a 510

Sorry to sound like an ass,,, but I am kinda up to my neck in wheel fitment for bubble flared 510s

And I think I finally have the ultimate size,,, but it will be a tight fit,,, and might not fit at all:

Front: 16x8 -0 offset....215/40/16 toyo's__________Rear: 16x9 -13 offset......245/35/16 toyo's...........mmm "camber"

NO......NO ......bad idea

Wheel spacers do not belong on 510s

I am currently searching for negative offset wheels for my bubble flared 510.

I am looking for 16x8 -12mm offset for the rear,,,, and 16x7.5 -10mm for the front

I have bad camber in the back so I am currently trying to tuck 16x9's

First off: Rota slipstreams do not have negative offsets,,,, second: 17's are too big for a 510

Sorry to sound like an ass,,, but I am kinda up to my neck in wheel fitment for bubble flared 510s

And I think I finally have the ultimate size,,, but it will be a tight fit,,, and might not fit at all:

Front: 16x8 -0 offset....215/40/16 toyo's__________Rear: 16x9 -13 offset......245/35/16 toyo's...........mmm "camber"

Good looking. I wasn't to sure on wheel size's. Saw some 17's on one and liked it. I can go with some 16" not a problem.

I am just saying be carefull....

16x8's are a really tight fit in the front, and I have stock struts with coilovers....

For the rear it all depends on your camber.... I have stock camber and my car is (cough) as low as possible....

Currently I am running 16x8 +12mm offset with no spacers in the back and 225/45/16 tires

The car looked better with the 215/40/16 tires........ and I need to to inlarge my "mini-tub" to fit the 16x9's

Basically a "mini-tub" is mandatory to have tucked tires,,, and low offsets

If you want cheapish rims I think 16x8 with a zero offset will be a good starting point,,,, negative offsets are expensive

My best advice: buy 2 wheels at a time,,,, and make shure they fit front and rear, and take measurements from there......

If the rear crossmember is slotted, my measurments will be of no use to you,,, also how low do you want to go?

Sorry I'm rambling, I will have pics of the 16x9's this weekend.....

But 510s are way more fun to drive with small rims,,,,, I wish I still could fit 13's....

Burnouts are easier,,, and the taller sidewalls are more forgiving,,, and the steering feels better with 13's

_______

:fu:[/end ramble].....sorry

The REAR crossmember is slotted sometimes to allow for camber adjustments

It is slotted where the rear swing-arms connect to the rear crossmember

It all depends on how low you want the car....

I reccomend driving it with the 13's,,,, 510s are a blast to drive,,,,, and a money pit when they are not driving

The REAR crossmember is slotted sometimes to allow for camber adjustments

It is slotted where the rear swing-arms connect to the rear crossmember

It all depends on how low you want the car....

I reccomend driving it with the 13's,,,, 510s are a blast to drive,,,,, and a money pit when they are not driving

Probably just leave it alone,too low and it looks like you can't drive it. It is slotted rear,280 struts,front camber plates,sway bars.

I'm gonna go tomorrow and get it so I'll post some pics.

If the rear is slotted you will need 16x8 with about a +10 offset,, or maybe a zero offset.....

Yeah just leave it alone,,,, I drove 20k miles in my 510 before I butchered it up to make it the lowest 510 ever...

Now it drags the exaust on every pebble,,, and it is not very fun dodging potholes

as much as i never thought i wuld day it i agree with indy drive it for now learn its personality qwarks

and drive it down to visit me we will take pics of the 2 cars :P

Will do. I'm heading to get it now. I'll get pics up later of both the Dat's.

Sweet! This'll be a great car for you, I think you'll fall in love. Not a huge fan of the shaved rear end, but the car is looking clean in the pictures! I'm going to agree about the wheels, keep it 16's at the biggest.. I think 15's look perfect on 510's. You get just enough meat on the tires, but they're cheap, fit easilly and tires are cheap too. Plus, the AE86 guys use 15's primarily, too, so sites like club4ag.org have great Classified sections to search for some sweet wheels!

Just got back but without it. Looked good but the bad was ran like shit,I reved it and was tapping the colum and it died?? Did that twice. Starter was lose and bolt striped,random bolts missing, big exhaust leak and oil leaks. Other than that ok. But for 5-4k hell no. My main thing was can it make it back to sac Nope. I asked him if it ran good, said ran prefect?? For that price that thing should run like a top! Got my eye on two more gonna go look later or on Friday.

Just got back but without it. Looked good but the bad was ran like shit,I reved it and was tapping the colum and it died?? Did that twice. Starter was lose and bolt striped,random bolts missing, big exhaust leak and oil leaks. Other than that ok. But for 5-4k hell no. My main thing was can it make it back to sac Nope. I asked him if it ran good, said ran prefect?? For that price that thing should run like a top! Got my eye on two more gonna go look later or on Friday.

Man that sucks! That would have been a good deal for 3500 or so, since the body was in great shape. That is just too many little things to mess with. Keep shoppin around im sure you will find something. http://www.crazedlist.org is your friend for searching Cali

After looking at that Lemon,on the way back home found a 1969 510 up north pretty clean but it runs like a top so he says,looks really nice and clean he has a shit load of pic's. So I'm gonna fly out there and take alook at it this weekend, I'll see if it not a POS like the first one was.

Keep us posted!

What's the plan for it? Stock daily driver? Swapped motor?

Let me know if you need any help working on it, I'd love to lend a hand.

x2 whyn you say fly you mean like airplane fly or drive fast fly

Keep us posted!

What's the plan for it? Stock daily driver? Swapped motor?

Let me know if you need any help working on it, I'd love to lend a hand.

Plans just want to get one where they dont lie about it and the condition of it,so far #2 looks good been talking to the guy and told me motor is reliable and recently rebuilt but we'll see,just hope I dont get stuck looking for a flight back. Once i get one plans are going to be if it runs good leave it alone and just keep it clean looking. And later swapped motor for sure gonna go with a SR S14/Auto. So i have my fingers crossed now!