johny5's 521

johny5

OK did some more playing around today , looks like Im going to have to cut the fire wall back if I want to run a mechanical fan, and I do want a mechanical fan

Also clearance the oil pan for the steering.

I did score a free front clip with disc brakes , so tomorrow Im driving 2 hours each way to Pyuallip WA

IMG_0781Small.jpg

IMG_0789Small.jpg

IMG_0788Small.jpg

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For a front pusher fan, Im sure two 10 inch would work but I would like the reliability of the mechanical fan.

I think the fire wall should be fairly easy to move back 1 1/2 inches . Im just going to remove as little as possible.

Went back to the shop after dinner and moved the engine down an inch, I was able to cut off the factory mounts and move them down.

Anyone have any idea what to to for the speeddo?

I'm really into motorcycles, and over the last few years, there have been a bunch of electronic dashes come on the market. Some of them are pretty dang sweet. Here's one company that makes a really nice dash. They're expensive, but the have *everything* incorporated into the unit, including a shift light.

They also have independent round dial digital speedo "gauges", maybe they have one that's the right diameter to fit into the stock bezel.

http://www.kosonorthamerica.com/

PS -- great build, great thread, I really hate reading these motor swap threads because it makes me want to do one myself.

Bling gauges ,Im thinking of possibly grafting a 240 gauge cluster in the steel dash :mellow:

I went and got the 620 stuff for the disc brake set up

I messed around with the control arms to see what was involved. defiantly not going to be bolt in.

I cut up the 620 frame chunk to get the shock tower.

Does anyone see a problem with going this route?

IMG_0797Small.jpg

IMG_0797Small.jpg

IMG_0800Small.jpg

Im thinking of using spacers in here rather than trying to get the bushing out

IMG_0801Small.jpg