Whats a GREAT CARB For my 72 620??

HOOLIGAN620

Looking for a carb for my 620 pickup?? What is a good one?? I know weber is good but what size should i go?? Sidedraft or ?? The Engine is Stock L16 with a 20B Head...AND WHERE CAN I BUY IT LIVE IN SO CAL ...Inland Empire??

Money No object..Just tell me where to get? Dont have Resources anymore!!

THANKS I APPRCIATE IT!! JP:confused:

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just google weber redline or weber carbs and you will find several places to get one. Best bet for a stock L16 but dont expect it to all of a sudden haul ass! A stock carb would be fine too. You can get some nice used carbs on ebay too for a lot cheaper.

Yes, get a Weber DGEV (32/36) "kit" for the L16 at redlineweber.com. Get the adapter and cast aluminum air cleaner.

Don't expect it to make your truck any faster than a good condition stock Hitachi. Fuel economy should be similar, and power maybe a little more over 5500 RPM.

Holley 390cfm 4bbl on a Offy intake manifold :fu:

Weber 32/36 DGV is a great setup. Beware the jetting, as it hangs a lot of folks up. I'd suggest buying a couple of Weber books at the same time, such as:

http://www.amazon.com/Weber-Carburetors-HP-Books-774/dp/0895863774

That'll help your understanding and maybe help with any troubleshooting necessary.

Never, never, never, never ever over carb your motor. If bigger is better wouldn't we all be running 1180 Holley double pumpers?

You have an L16, one of the best stock manifolds made. Don't throw money away on a header that will do nothing. Spend it on a nice 2" exhaust system instead.

Edited by datzenmike