need help with linkage PLEASE!!!

BRE_dAtSuN

I finished my rebuild and got my dual mikuni 44's back on from the shop but lost my bracket... I really need help tuning the carbs right synchronizing them and fixing the linkage..if anybody can help me ill be more than thankfull... I live in riverside so cal if anyone is near I really want to get my datsun back on the road

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I made a L bracket and put the cable thru with a slot and a hole drill oneside and tap the other so it hold the cable. then the fire wall is threaded plate on inside which the cable srews into.

my 510 pedal was cut and a B210 end was welded on for the cable lead end to fit in.

more or less you can get a gerneric cable Long fit it inside the car first then cut to length near the carb side. the cable houseing is what you find or get. hopefully it isnt 6ft long like some Morons do.

engine_4_thumb.jpg

Thanks hainz I knew I could count on you for some nice input and ideas...by the way I had a air filter set up exactly like yours but when I sent them out I got some velocity stacks and now everyone is bitching at me to get air filters for them what are my options if I want to keep the air horns?

if you have 44mm carbs most airhorns are the long ones and dont fit under the K&N filter as mine is shown in photo.

You need the short ones.

be honest the car will still run w/o the airhorns underneath. it just no optimal. I dont have any horns under mine. it helps smooth out he air going in intake.

heres a better photo.

intake is a Mikuni rod type linkage. I put the bar in the middle and used a cabe to pull it instead of using the stock ball on the end like stock datsun set up pushing the ball/rod.

needs to be oil up once inawhile so it returns good and quick.make sure return springs work good.

maybe snag B210 cables from the junk yard and figure out what to screw the cable into.The trick is the threaded plate is usually on the fire wall.. make a threaded half dollar size washer and weld the thread on there. but seom have shown some cables from Summit racing which already have a washer bulkhead fitting on there so you can just run it thru the hole which is a better option. Just dotn get to long a cable. short with a nice gradual flow.

100_0500_thumb.jpg

Edited by banzai510(hainz)
  • 1 month later...

hey what did you ever decide on your linkage? i have a centerpull linkage on my carbs but i havent ever run them i have a set of 44's that need rebuilt i have the bar and the aluminum arms but i need bushings and all that crap, post up pics of your linkage setup a little closer please so i can view them, thanks!!!

• 1 year later...

so my return springs arent working so great and ive been having to run an extra spring but i dont like how it acts with the spring on the arm... where can i buy the correct or stiffer return springs for mikuni phh44's with the push rod style please and thanks you

Try lubricating the linkage.