The Silver Bullet - My Z Car (lots of Pics)

qwik510

The few that have tried LSx swaps into 510s have ruined their 510s and turned decent cars into parts cars. Then engine compartment is too small so the firewall and trans tunnel need major mods to do it. Unless you do like Pete Brock did with Datzilla and move the entire engine and trans back and move the seats back behind the B pillar, then there is too much weight up front and it will ruin the handling of the car.

The Z car has a much more accommodating engine bay for a V8 swap.

I used to own a 510 V8. Sold it and built the Z car. Much better swap.

Just Saying'

David

Hmm.. well i expected to have to cut.. In the end i really can care less how it "handles"as long as it makes high reving v8 sounds and does donuts ill be happy.. It will be an exercise in stupidity i guess lol. vive la plasma cutter.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm.. well i expected to have to cut.. In the end i really can care less how it "handles"as long as it makes high reving v8 sounds and does donuts ill be happy.. It will be an exercise in stupidity i guess lol. vive la plasma cutter.

i dont mean to thread jsck but what about a 4.3 v6? its a 350-2 cylinders makes good power and will probibly fit alot better as well as making the noise you desire

i dont mean to thread jsck but what about a 4.3 v6? its a 350-2 cylinders makes good power and will probibly fit alot better as well as making the noise you desire

Not your fault Bonvo but this is a thread jack. This thread is about My Z Car. Lets take this topic to a new thread Please!

• 1 month later...

This Z is one of my favorites. I love the pic you have of it on the shiney floor. I think it was taken at one of the Z con's

I used to call mine the silver bullet but after seeing yours I dumped the tag. It's just a silver car now. :(

carpictures016.jpg

Mine is nice. But yours is just too freakin badass

This Z is one of my favorites. I love the pic you have of it on the shiney floor. I think it was taken at one of the Z con's

I used to call mine the silver bullet but after seeing yours I dumped the tag. It's just a silver car now. :(

carpictures016.jpg

Mine is nice. But yours is just too freakin badass

Thanks Datrod.

The pic was taken at the Zcon in Daytona in 2007.

Yours is sweet too.

• 4 weeks later...

nice car, but somehow in this entire thread you didnt tell us if this was a 240 or 260. i had to read your info to find out. cool car though, what happened to the l28????!?!!?!?!?!

I guess you missed it in the first post. Not easy to find in between the pics.

Here is what it says.

"Here are the details:

1972 240Z, 2002 LS1 with T56 six speed, Sanderson Headers, Infiniti Q45 R200 VLSD Diff with Billet axles/CV halfshafts, Vintage Air HVAC heat and AC, Recaro seats, Alpine Stereo, Coilovers, Tokico 5 ways, Custom Strut Tower Bars F&R, front to rear full Subframe Connectors, 16" Panasports and more!

"

Once you learn about early Z cars, it will be easy for you to identify a 240Z from the 260 and 280 Z cars, just look at the tail lights. The 240Z had lights like mine and the others were different.

I sold the entire driveline to a fellow Z car guy. He was building a Vello Rosa Kit and wanted a clean ready to go driveline.

Thanks,

David

I guess you missed it in the first post. Not easy to find in between the pics.

Here is what it says.

"Here are the details:

1972 240Z, 2002 LS1 with T56 six speed, Sanderson Headers, Infiniti Q45 R200 VLSD Diff with Billet axles/CV halfshafts, Vintage Air HVAC heat and AC, Recaro seats, Alpine Stereo, Coilovers, Tokico 5 ways, Custom Strut Tower Bars F&R, front to rear full Subframe Connectors, 16" Panasports and more!

"

Once you learn about early Z cars, it will be easy for you to identify a 240Z from the 260 and 280 Z cars, just look at the tail lights. The 240Z had lights like mine and the others were different.

I sold the entire driveline to a fellow Z car guy. He was building a Vello Rosa Kit and wanted a clean ready to go driveline.

Thanks,

David

i can tell the 260 and 240 apart from the 280 but other than the taillights i have trouble picking them out, when i look at a 260 i can tell somethings not righ tbut i still havent figured otu what it is.