help please 620 fill plug!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sick620

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

get one of these type of pipe wrenches and a cheater pipe. The 2 on the left are 14" and right one is a 18" which is the one I would use. If you have access to some ramps or jack stands, use em to get the truck up off the ground. Remember righty tighty, left loosey.

IMG_3048.jpg

If you have access to some ramps or jack stands, use em to get the truck up off the ground. Remember righty tighty, left loosey.

IMG_3048.jpg

k im not and idiot. my truck is slammed remember. how the hell could i have even taken pics without having her on stands. she is totally lifted as high as she will go on stands now. jesus I have a stripped filler plug not a mental retardation.

Ok, calm down, theres no reason to get upset, were just trying to help you out and I forgot ur 620 was lowered. my bad.. do you know anyone at a gas station with a car lift or maybe you can talk to a car lube place with a pit, tell them what your prob is and ask how much they will charge if they can get it out. Look around a pawn shop for a " rigid " pipe wrench, best buy for the money and they holds their value. Since your a young man you will need it later down the road of life, believe me, you will use it again and if you can't find one see if someone can loan you theirs.

Ok, calm down, theres no reason to get upset, were just trying to help you out and I forgot ur 620 was lowered. my bad.. do you know anyone at a gas station with a car lift or maybe you can talk to a car lube place with a pit, tell them what your prob is and ask how much they will charge if they can get it out. Look around a pawn shop for a " rigid " pipe wrench, best buy for the money and they holds their value. Since your a young man you will need it later down the road of life, believe me, you will use it again and if you can't find one see if someone can loan you theirs.

well I dont think the price is worth it having it towed to a shop. Ill just buy a pipe wrench and try my luck. Im not "upset" but i mean everyone and there grandma has a car jack and stands. I know how to work on a vehicle i practically lived at a junk yard my whole life pulling alternators and starters and radiators since i was nine. just having trouble with this stupid bolt is all and i dont have alot of specialty tools. usually on a datsun 620 you dont need more that a 8,10,12,13,15,17,19,mm socket or cresent so i havnt invested in much more since all my tools got stolen out of my old cutlass. I will buy a pipe wrench or borrow one. I have 6 three ton jack stands 2 three ton jacks and 2 creepers all craftsman. I think im covered on lifting her and looking under her just low on manual hand tools cuz all mine got jacked. im not mad just frustrated with the datsun. im also leaking tranny fluid so maybe its just time to upgrade to a five speed :)

While this will work, it's not a fix and there's no way to check the level. SICK620 I meant that in the best possible way. :D

well i can just fill it with 1.7 liters or 3 5/8 pints wich is recommended for a f4w71B tranny and that will get me around for a while untill I get it to a shop to get that plug removed and swapped. or untill i get a dogglegg 5 speed

ok, heres a brain fart, if you was to jack up the trk enough to get under it so you can get a pipe wrench on, put enough wood blocks on the ground so the end of the wrench would land on the wood, then lower the trk down so the weight of the trk just might break the bung bolt loose.

I dono how different the trans from the 620 is different from my 720 , but i had that exact same problem well still do havent gotten the plug out! but what i do is there is 2 sensors on the opposite side of the tranny that are about the same level as the fill plug, i just pull one of those and get a funnel with a piece of hose attached to the end and remove my shift boot and feed the hose down the hole and fill it that way.. it might work for you, it did for me..

ok, heres a brain fart, if you was to jack up the trk enough to get under it so you can get a pipe wrench on, put enough wood blocks on the ground so the end of the wrench would land on the wood, then lower the trk down so the weight of the trk just might break the bung bolt loose.

thats a fucking awesome idea! man if you didn't smoke so much cannabis in your pickup you would be a genius! :D haha

Edited by SICK620

is that what my user name means.... :lol:

the reason I use 420n620 is because I have been looking for over 5 years for the right 620 KC with 5 speed, when I did find my low mileage (38,178) 620 I felt HIGH in the 620 and I still do today. I love my trk and so does the wife, my daughter and grandson. But I'm cool with what ever anybody thinks..

ever since I got it, I've got OCD addiction, it hard to shake, well I'm not trying to hard either.. peace :D

I'm no genius, just hoping that idea werks for ya, it was a brain fart idea.

Edited by 420n620
brainfurt

OK i got her all filled up ill post pictures up later. BUT too get the fluid i had to remove one of the sensors and the wires broke off of it. what does this sensor do??? its the forward most of the 2 sensors. what will happen if i drive without it??

I have seen a lot of similar issues with brake rotor bolts on motorcycles.

What I do to fix that is drill a hole in a piece of 1/4" steel, cut square with the hole in the middle - it should be a pretty generous square.

Then, weld the square doughnut to the buggered up bolt, and don't be shy about the heat -- it's part of the trick - getting the fastener hot will break down any chemical bonds such as red loctite, or if some misguided d-bag put hardening plumbing pipe dope on the threads.

When it's cooled off, put a pipe wrench or big crescent wrench on the square and turn it off. If you don't have a welder, call around to welding shops, they may have a welding truck that will come to your place for a lot less than a towtruck will cost to take it to their place.

When you put the replacement in, use anti-seize lube on the threads and you'll never have the problem again.

OK i got her all filled up ill post pictures up later. BUT too get the fluid i had to remove one of the sensors and the wires broke off of it. what does this sensor do??? its the forward most of the 2 sensors. what will happen if i drive without it??

You won't have reverse lights. Just grab one from any 4 or 5 spd at a later date. Or even cheaper on gas and effort, have someone send you one in the mail. The reverse sensor switch is normally held open and closes when in reverse. You could try a neutral/top or overdrive switch ... I don't know if they are wired internally the same.

Edited by datzenmike

Clean it up with some carb cleaner and a wire brush first to get as much combustible material (grease and grime) off of there as possible. Find a regular old box end wrench that fits and stick it on there and beat on the end of the wrench with a BFH... Hit it sideways, like you were using the wrench as a chisel. Smack it pretty hard but dont hit it so hard that it will shear. The point is to break the bond between the plug and the transmission. Work the wrench around from every direction you can get to and still get a decent swing with the hammer and spray penetrating fluid on it periodically. Ive got a little 5lb easton sledge that has saved my ass many many times. Try and remove the plug with whatever tool youve got that fits without stripping it further. If its still a no go, find a 12 point socket that almost fits and pound it on the plug with the hammer... Dont use your good ones because its going to be on there really good and its probably not going to come off... Then take a little propane torch (best to clean the area up of all combustibles/penetrating fluid again) and heat it up for a few... until it is fucking hot but not glowing, pound on the socket with the hammer again to make sure it is still on there and put your ratchet/breaker bar in and have a cheater bar handy. Spray it with cold water from a squirt bottle or hit it with a soaked rag and try and remove it. If this doesnt work... go shopping for a new tranny... As soon as you get one youll probably be able to get the plug removed from this one with just your fingers... Murphys law...

Next time use an end wrench that fits it perfect and put some heat on it first... Use a good wrench too, Ive got a set of big snap ons and they dont deflect/spread anywhere near as much as my craftsmans (the newer ones are shitty...) Ive also picked up some random off brand wrenches from pawn shops and yard sales that have a lot of meat to them that have nowhere near the price tag as the big name ones but are every bit as good.

Hopefully this helps, if not, good luck either way.