Get Garage!

RadioRedline

L16 still no-start.

After changing

Plugs

Cap

Rotor

Condensors

Gapping everything checking the timing and its out, so It has to be a loose timing chain.

Here is a Vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qU0uWd9wxjY

Here is the other thread on Subject:

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/30191-521-tune-up/

Radio

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine sounds like that when i leave the coil wire disconnected. Like its not getting spark.

Turn the motor clockwise until the mark on the crank pulley hits 0 on the timing marks, then check and see where your cam lobes are and where your dizzy is pointed. If your cam lobes are at 4 and 8, then spin around one more time till its 10 and 2... Post results

Meh, can't tell whats going on with points (never messed with em) Maybe someone who knows points cant check that. Hard call man, it just sounded like it wasn't getting any spark, like the starter was just spinning the motor freely. you ever do a compression test on it?

COmpression is ok, the Spark is there, its getting spark on Cyl 1 and 4 and at the ignition Coil. Gas in bow, filter, checked everything a 1000 times, it has to be a worn gear we all figured.

Radio

It ran before you gave it a (elec) tune-up..????

I doubt it's the gear or chain then....but you can confirm for chain stretch.

Can't update with a EI dizzy...????

I was in Ontario a couple of years ago and the women there are fatter than I remember.... huge! All were big. If you live there you may not notice it when you see it every day but they really are. Seriously WTF Ontario? Your women are FAT!!!

• Like 1