Datsun 521 L16 motor mounts please

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The L20B mounts will work. The motor is taller by about 20mm, or 3/4". The hood may close alright, but if not just oval the two mount holes and it will settle lower between the frame rails.

Gees, it's been so long.... Just remembered that I put an L20B in my 521 back in the '70s. Did not have fitment problems with the L20B mounts.

I dont see the L 16,18 & 20 motor mounts being any different from each other. Sorry i dont have any extras. Tdaaj may have a set laying around. On teh 520's the J motor mounts are right behind the radiator so you'll have to weld in the 1 half that goes on the frame to line up w/ the block. Not hard really, just lots of measuring. Heres a pic of my L 18 mount that may help you...

engineframeblack.jpg

Thanks all for the info.

I understand now that some have welded the chassis portion of the L20 or 18 to their vehicles. What I am trying to do is have a bolt on chassis bracket.

My thought was that since the 521 could have been sold with a J series motor or an L series motor maybe Datsun would have done the work for me. Then again maybe the chassis was setup for an L series motor and they had an adapter for a J series!

I just found a 521 nearby that supposedly has a rebuilt A series motor. I did not know they came with those. Anyone need a 521? Supposed to be nice no rust or rot. I think the owner wants 1,000 obo. I have pics.

1hr40

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.