give me some input???

chiquapen

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

seriously... I'm laughing my ass off, the wife just scowls, and the dog looks at me like I farted.

Wait... what was the thread about again? Hold on I'll actually look.

Oh, ok. No, not worth it. :D

we should hang out sometime, i get that same reaction when i drink. but i can't help but laugh my ass off and think shit is funny...

Evan Williams

Jim beam

captain Morgan

jack daniels

etc. love whiskey :D

Edited by h2theizzo

Here is a prime example on the current value of a 620:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Datsun-620-pickup-1972-DATSUN-NISSAN-620-PICKUP_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2a02b07359QQitemZ180433744729QQptZUSQ5fCarsQ5fTrucks

Now look closely at the photos. The rare items are:

1. The factory origional driver's side morror.

2. Plastic window washer bottle.

3. Stock factory floor mats.

4. Clean inside of bed - minimal dents

5. Origional factory battery hold down with bolts!!! Just try finding one of those!! I personally only own 2.

What is WRONG with this truck?

1. Has been repainted without doing bodywork. How can You tell?? They forgot to paint the nose piece on the hood and it is still blue. An almost 100% clue most of the time that a truck has been repainted. They did show the rust that was not addressed on the lower front side fender. You are either going to have to re-do it or live with it and be comfortable. A re-do adds to what You have paid for the truck.

2. No side emblems. You are going to have to track some down.

3. Cracked dash. We ALL have them. It just happens. But for what the bidding is going at on this truck, it should be mint. (My opinion)

4. What is it like under that seat cover? Most seats fall apart. Are the springs broken, etc.

Now, please DON'T think that I am tearing that ebay truck apart. I am just showing a few things to look for and think about before You purchase a truck. This is for any of You reading this that are completplating a purchase. Look for the RARE items (a tach or clock, owner's manuel, jack, tool kit, etc.) And mentally add those to the list in Your mind that You would either have to buy later or do without.

By now You should see where I am "going" with this. Only You know for Yourself what a good deal is and You have to live with it. It's a USED vehicle, the higher in price the owner wants, the closer to mint it should be.

Also keep in mind............. For example, if You have a $3000.00 budget, come out to the west coast and find a nice truck for around $1000.00. Then pay to have it shipped to You. I would guess You would still be UNDER the $3000.00 budget by doing it that way AND You would have had a nice vacation too!!! Good luck and happy hunting!!

I still have the factory floor mat.... I didn't know that was "rare". Looking at that truck is nice, makes me feel I payed the right price for mine. I like my factory paint though. I also have a nice bed and the side badges too. I got a lot of dents here and there, but a few hard to find bits have held on.