Midwest Meets?

BlakeZula

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Skib, have you even been out (driven, flown or otherwise) to the Midwest? :fu: your sig used to say you lived in the "sticks" but you are a Portlandian subrubanite too!

That said, there are a few z-car clubs in the midwest (like windycityz) but I'm sure they're few and far between, especially for the general Datusuns.

I agree with what Skib is getting at, you guys live in the "rust-belt" and on top of that, historically people didn't much like 70's - 80's Japanese vehicles anyway, especially during the gas crunch. I remember seeing footage of a brand-new '78 Celica being smashed to death by baseball bats, etc. in a Motor-City manufacturing plant parking lot :eek: Just becase it's cheaper, more reliable and economical than a Domestic at the time? Better Engineering is what I think it is :rolleyes:

There are likely even less American cars (still on the road) around the Midwest from that era...I heard that they might have even "designed-in" badness in domestics, so that they'd have a quicker turnaround on new cars. Make body panels retain water, so that the body rusts out before the engine goes out :lol:

Edited by hughdogz