78 B210 build

Apollo

Its been a long time since i last posted here but I have just a bit of an update with the B210. Ive been busy with a 72 440 Charger so now that its just about done, its time to start the ball rolling on this one. .

Finally got around to stripping the 240SX down. The plan is to swap everything in to the b210. Engine, tranny, AC and suspension and then finish up with a simple cage. Should be fun

The car as sits right now. .

1010091706-01.jpg

S13 Parts

1104091813-00.jpg

1104091813-01.jpg

1104091814-00.jpg

1104091817-02.jpg

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...

I've been trying to get to this for a while now. . .let the fun begin

The S13 suspension will have to wait for now as i just want to drive it this summer with the datto setup and have a relatively cheap and fun summer car.

Started with the simple shite. Cleaned up the engine bay and prepped the crossmember to fab up some new mounts. Not bad for 2 hours. Should be able to shoehorn it in tomorrow and get something mocked up. After i get mounts made i'll take the KA back out, do up the engine bay, clean up and paint motor as well as give it a decent overhaul.

P5030102.jpg

P5030109.jpg

P5030111.jpg

P5030104.jpg

P5030105.jpg

P5030108.jpg

epic man this is gonna be bad ass when done what size slots are those they look like mine maybe wider hard to tell cause there painted black when you get this done you should cruse up to the suisun meet on thursday nights once in a while

Made a little more progress today. Cut and flipped the crossmember to allow the pan to drop in to place, fabbed the tranny mount, mocked up the motor mounts but didnt get a chance to weld them up yet and trimmed the trans tunnel to fit the KA 5speed. Ran out of time before it got late but Im loving the build so far. Progress is coming along nicely. I'll upload the pics tomorrow

• 3 months later...

I know this is like the, what, 3rd time ive tried to start this dang thing? I appologize people. I really havent had the best of luck these past couple years but if anything has been consistant, its the fact that when the going gets tuff the tuff get going.

Ive been working my ass off for way too long and now things are starting to come to fruition. Got a shop space in a shared warehouse locally and got teh B210 over there pronto. I can no longer work out of the homestead and so something like this was the only option. Its pretty reasonable too. .. flat rate unit with all utilities included. Nothing to hold me back but time now. The place is open 24/7 and is filled with some of the most talented, creative and bright minds in the area. The best place to be. Should have semi regular updates for you all. Wish me luck

0813101414.jpg

DSCN5969.jpg

DSCN5971.jpg

DSCN5972.jpg

0813101828b.jpg

• 3 months later...

I was able to close in on the key components, based on the "How to wire a KA/SR in to anything" diagram that I didnt know about until a few days ago, and now i just need to clarify a few things.

From the relay setup you guys have going, i tap in to the harness without completely cutting it and splice in to the B210 harness? Or is there another method? The diagram helps but does not give a clear method on how to get it setup. Check out the pics, im pretty sure ive found the key components...

IMG_1643.jpg

IMG_1654.jpg

IMG_1655.jpg

IMG_1644.jpg

IMG_1653.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

Looking dope man! this was the plan for my 78 hatch too, but i got a 77 2door sedan, and im going to fix the 77 up instead. plans to strip the 78 and possibly put it on a lifted truck frame and or scrap it, if you need parts let me know.