KC rear window on reg cab

skunk

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

u would have to cut out the back of the cab, n put in the back cab wall from king kab, some trim fitting required, and also a good welder and body equipment would be helpful, other than that , piece of cake :D

i know its biger thats kida what i was going for

i was thinking just taking a KC window holding it up to the back of the cab, tracing it, grinding out the back wall to the line and slaping a gasket on it.

Edited by skunktruckin

will not work, first u have a major structure support that goes accross just below the window, second u have a rear wall that is corrogated metal(wavy), third easier to do it correctly, then fighting a loosing battle for the rest of the time u own the truck, do not waste a good cab on a try of something that will leave a huge ass hole in your truck, cabs r gettin hard to find in good shape. it really only is time consuming to drill out out the spot welds, and air hammer the seams with an air chisel, then re-weld together , seal with sealer,and finish with paint, done correctly will be a mod i have not seen and also very trick, done it to a 95 yota years ago, never seen done on a 620. :)

what i really want is a roll down rear window

I was talking about doing this with a friend of mine the other day. I think it would look cleaner than a rear sliding window. I'd be surprised if you could get it to fit very well in a non-KC pickup though. The seat is usually tight against the back wall (to get enough leg room). The roll down window would need some kind of mechanism to operate that would probably take away leg room. At least the way I was thinking of doing it. Maybe you were thinking of some a little different though.

The KC larger window is easier to look out over your shoulder with the extended cab. Gives better visibility. However I don't like it so big and prefer the look of the smaller reg cab ones. I cut a reg cab window out and saved it for a rainy day. Some when I will try it.