Yearbook ads.. YOU CAN HELP!!!!!

Here is My latest project, High School yearbook ads.......

The high school I attended did not have Datsun ads so I really never gave it any thought. In researching the Fontana, California Datsun dealership building, there was a significant photograph taken in 1975 that I was trying to track down. More on that later. About the same time, I noticed that there was a 1978 yearbook for sale on ebay, which I purchased after contacting the seller. My question was "is there an ad for Fontana Datsun in the book and would You mind scanning it for Me?" Upon seeing exactly how cool the photo was, I purchased the book with no second thoughts. Here is that photo:

Fontanaad1978200.jpg

Fontanaad19782.jpg

Since then, I have wanted to visit the Fontana High School library when in the area, but have never had the time. I finally made time on October the 26th and sure enough, I added 8 additional photos to My collection!!!!

I now am off and running when time permits to find more dealership photos, such as this AWESOME find in Winslow circa 1965!!!

Windatsunybad1965.jpg

I had also bought on ebay another yearbook from the school across town that many of My friends attended and wouldn't You know it, THEY had a Datsun ad but Our school DIDN'T!!!

escdatsunybad1975.jpg

Notice the "Datman" logo!!!

With this being said, check Your yearbooks from the mid 60's up into about 1984 or 85. Yes, Fontana Datsun was still called that in 1985, I have a photo to post later showing that. Let's make this a dealership photo thread and YES, please help out!!! Enjoy.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is My most significant find:

Fntdatsunybad1986.jpg

Did You ever think that You would see a photograph of a 720 and a HARDBODY underneath a Datsun NOT Nissan sign?!?!?!?????

This photo was in Fontana High School's 1986 yearbook!!!! I could NOT believe that the dealership was still called Datsun that late!!! Also, another photo I found is of a 720 with Fontana DATSUN painted on the side!!!

Please note that these scans are taken off of photocopies from the school's machine. I plan to at a later date digitally photograph them. Cool huh?!?!???

How about this pic. ?!?!?!????

Fntdatsunybad1986two.jpg

DATSUN painted on a NISSAN!!!!!!! From the 1984 yearbook. I would have never thought............. but here is proof!!!

Edited by Steroid
Correction

Mike.

Nice hunting there. You are quite a historian. Thank you.

I'm sure fred at the Datsun Museum would kill for that datman photo. Is there anyway you can get me a copy. I'll pay you for shipping and copy costs.

• 4 months later...

Hey Guys....... how come You're not helping?!?!?

I tried using Rialto's yearbooks yesterday but the school wasn't built until 1993. Any of You guys got contacts that might have Eisenhower (Rialto), Pacific (San Bernardind) or any others for this thread? Thanks!! Mike

Thats cool stuff, ads in year books.. who would have thought. Figure that would be a thing happening today not 30 years ago.

its too bad my dad went to a private high school. Only thing he had in his year book was the jackson 5 (yes the jackson 5 went to his high school). :lol:

• 3 months later...

Classmates has started to scan yearbooks and add all contents. Here is the 1978 Fontana yearbook with the "Z" dealer photo:

http://www.classmates.com/yearbooks/Fontana-High-School/18692

Scroll across on the bottom to page 238, then use Your mouse to keep moving the picture to center as You keep using the "zoom" feature.

I haven't found any other dealer photos from other High Schools yet but I would guess that in the years ahead, as this project moves forward, We can easily find more. Anyone know how to copy only the photo We want from this website to save it alone?

Hey Guys....... how come You're not helping?!?!?

I tried using Rialto's yearbooks yesterday but the school wasn't built until 1993. Any of You guys got contacts that might have Eisenhower (Rialto), Pacific (San Bernardind) or any others for this thread? Thanks!! Mike

ill go look for my parents year books, they when to school in CA in the 70's and 80's