I need help....

Mic

I heard this for the first time last night, and now it's a news story.

Long story short is that Seattle Police believe they are looking for a early 80's Datsun 210 that might be related to the shooting of officer Brenton. Here's the story:

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/69326562.html

I'm asking for help because this is personal. My best friend died in the line of duty as an Everett Police Officer years ago. Even though I'm not personally connected to this case, there is no way I can't ask for help.

I've had a 620, an 810 sedan, and more 510s than I can remember. I've been lurking for a long time now because I will get myself another Datsun. I still have the 10mm socket for head bolts, and the air flow tool for setting up side draft Mikunis. I've been around long enough to know the sense of community on this board.

If you see, or have seen any 210s that have been shot up please say so. There is a One Hundred Five Thousand ($105,000.00) dollar reward for info that will help with an arrest & conviction of the person(s) responsible for Officer Brenton's death.

Please help. Thank you for reading this.

Michael.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

now that there is three threads about this.....i went into tigard today and had three different cops pull in behind me....didnt think about it until i read this then it dawned on me that they dont know what a 210 is so they are just running all datsuns they see...be careful out there guys......i hope they get this f**k soon

now that there is three threads about this.....i went into tigard today and had three different cops pull in behind me....didnt think about it until i read this then it dawned on me that they dont know what a 210 is so they are just running all datsuns they see...be careful out there guys......i hope they get this f**k soon

I saw you on your way to tigard.... thank god I was in the honda, only seen about 7 cops from durham to pick-n-pull :mad: made for a slow ride home!

I know we all have had our differences with the law :rolleyes:. What happened to that officer is horrific. I live in Seattle and my Sister is a Seattle Police Officer. I pains me to think of the loss his family and our community are dealing with right now.

Remember next time your pulled over and pissed. They really are trying to do their job. Give them a break.

More good points & info here:

http://forum.ratsun.net/showthread.php?t=16867

I've been on both sides, I've been (and still am) the car and Datsun nut who feels like the cops are out to hassle me, and I've ridden in cop cars on duty in a very small town and a big city. I have had at least one ticket way more than I've had a clean record, and I've ridden 75 mph in a 25 zone in a cop car on our way to a "officer needs assistance" call.

My point is that the "cops" are some of the people who make it so we can take for granted being able to do what we like, when we like, and for the most part how we like. When they "do their job" they risk way more than most of us, for us, and that is why they should get respect from the rest of us. Simple as that.

I wouldn't have asked for help here if I didn't know how cool everyone is and how much community is here. Datsuns just happen to be the cool common factor for the cool people around here.

Whoever did this might have been driving a Datsun and have now lost their privilege to decide how they want to live the rest of their life. If anyone here can help hold them responsible for their actions then it's worth asking for your help.

I know we all have had our differences with the law :rolleyes:. What happened to that officer is horrific. I live in Seattle and my Sister is a Seattle Police Officer. I pains me to think of the loss his family and our community are dealing with right now.

Remember next time your pulled over and pissed. They really are trying to do their job. Give them a break.

This just sucks for his family and your entire state. I hope they find this rat prick and kill his ass.

I really get pissed when I hear poeple on different forms saying they hate cops because they got a ticket or some stupid crap. Cops are out there every day trying to protect us from ASSHOLES like this guy.

I just don't get why someone would do something like that. What kind of mind set does this guy have. Just roll up and shoot a couple of cops.

GOD HELP US ALL.

Whoever did this might have been driving a Datsun and have now lost their privilege to decide how they want to live the rest of their life. If anyone here can help hold them responsible for their actions then it's worth asking for your help.

i think everyone here would like to assist in that decision!

the reward would just help finance another project ;)

I called to tell the SPD that I have a non running SILVER 1980 210 in case that they would want to take photos for comparision. I really don't think the front end of my car is the same as in the police photos and gave them an exact description of the front end of my car, placement of lens, grill, etc. They wanted the plate too, which I gave them. Body in the police photo seems similar and of course someone could have removed the front emblem or changed grills, etc.

Still seems odd that someone would use an unusual vehicle for a get a way car.

Hope we can find it....

Rumor has it it was stashed out behind the apartment complex the suspect was taken into custody at.

The memorial for Ofc. Brenton Was today.

This afternoon a Suspect was taken into custody when Police were trying to serve a warrant. Guess The guy came out tried to get away and had a weapon, so Police shot him and took him in.