Double Dang.. Now I'm wanting a 521~!

73super

You guys are killing me... I always thought that the 620 was the only Datsun I could truly love. Now I'm looking at these very cool 521's and I'm thinking I've gotta have one of those too! I've got a '72 620, so now I'm thinking a '72 521. Two '72 Dat's in the same garage but looking totally different would be very nice! Oh for the love-ah... So now I'm looking at a 521 this week. We'll see... still need to make some room in the ol' shop.

If you don't hear from me next week it's because my wife shot me dead from bringing home yet another project. Last project I brought home I hid from her for over a week (she doesn't make it out to the shop very often).. I told her when the time was right .. My Birthday. I told her I bought myself a B-day gift and she couldn't get too mad at me. I said to her that I promise not to bring home another car for at least 6 months.. well that was 4 months ago.. but who's counting... ha! Wish me luck. :rolleyes:

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Luck indeed! My wife was totally into me getting a 521 (she is as psyched to drive it as I), BUT, she knows I now have been been bitten by the Datsun bug and is giving me the raised eyebrow everytime I mention seeing a 510 or 610 in the want ads. (Like the 610 2 hrs south of me with 300 original mi's for $500!)

I guess it is a good thing that they are rare in New England, otherwise I'd be tempted all the time! (then again, I get even more jazzed because I know how hard to come by here. If I were a left coast guy, I could wait a week and find another.)

At the moment she is holding me at bay by telling me I should get my 521 fully functional before I can even think about getting another. She's right, as usual.

Good Luck indeed! My wife was totally into me getting a 521 (she is as psyched to drive it as I), BUT, she knows I now have been been bitten by the Datsun bug and is giving me the raised eyebrow everytime I mention seeing a 510 or 610 in the want ads. (Like the 610 2 hrs south of me with 300 original mi's for $500!)

I guess it is a good thing that they are rare in New England, otherwise I'd be tempted all the time! (then again, I get even more jazzed because I know how hard to come by here. If I were a left coast guy, I could wait a week and find another.)

At the moment she is holding me at bay by telling me I should get my 521 fully functional before I can even think about getting another. She's right, as usual.

I like having multiple projects going at once.. You get a little bored with one you can jump back to another and back and forth. It drives my wife crazy, but that's just the way I'm wired I suppose. I'm also always worried that I won't find one as nice as the one I'm looking at... which is a lie of course, but that's the way I think when I have my mind focused on a particular car or truck.. I'm like a junkie I guess.. just can't get enough...... :eek:

You in wasington? I have a 521 shell that needs a cab, real cheap!

Well, if I get the thing maybe we can do business. Yeah, I'm in the Renton/Maple Valley area.

BOLT DOWN THE HATCHES! BIG WINDSTORM ON THE WAY....!!! According to the News.. and in Maple Valley we get a little worried.. We call it "Land of the Falling Tree"...... :eek:

Well, if I get the thing maybe we can do business. Yeah, I'm in the Renton/Maple Valley area.

BOLT DOWN THE HATCHES! BIG WINDSTORM ON THE WAY....!!! According to the News.. and in Maple Valley we get a little worried.. We call it "Land of the Falling Tree"...... :eek:

We were warned of a big storm coming to-day and I took the PM off. LOL By 3 the rain stopped and the sun came out. Now is says the SW Island and Victoria, and the lower mainland up here in BC.