torque specifictaions

xAH510x

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously, no offense to you personally xAH510x, but this pisses me off royally as I get it all day long. Random dude calls NAPA, yeah man, I'm just putting this _______ motor back together and I need to know the torque specs. I tell them I have a manual that will tell them that for 20 dollars. They get all bent out of shape.

Please, for the love of god, buy the manual! It has way more tips and tidbits that will be of use to you in the future, and to make sure you don't f it up, and it's only 21.99. (Standard Haynes manual cost for I don't know how long.)

Make sure you know the correct sequence for tighening and loosening the head bolts. To tighten it starts in the middle then both on the left, both on the right, moving outward. Things like that are also found in Haynes manuals and are very important.

Case in point, the KA has a WEIRD head torque sequence. Tighten all in steps, loosen all completely, retighten in steps. Not nearly as simple as the Ls.

But since we're not complete assholes, we'll provide the information for you here at ratsun. :)