1972 Datsun 521 for sale

Truck has original paint, whats left of it. body is pretty straight. 1600 w/auto trans.Has cracked windshield and could use new rubber all the way around.

Bought the truck for my 15 year old son to restore, but he wasn't very interested. His loss. Would like to get $1500 for it.100_1676.jpg100_1857.jpg100_1851.jpg100_1855.jpg

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you think this truck would make the drive to Colorado without any problems?

- AND -

Would you consider driving it to Salt Lake City if I bought you a return ticket from there? My sister lives there and I could arrange for you to leave it with her and she or my brother in-law would get you to the airport to fly home.

Just an idea.

Let me know.

Bob

Do you think this truck would make the drive to Colorado without any problems?

- AND -

Would you consider driving it to Salt Lake City if I bought you a return ticket from there? My sister lives there and I could arrange for you to leave it with her and she or my brother in-law would get you to the airport to fly home.

Just an idea.

Let me know.

Bob

Not sure if im up for that. Don't have the time. Will be really buisy at work for the next 2 months. It hasn't been on any trips over an hour and 15 minutes but it wouldent suprise me if it made it. let me know if you have any other ideas.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm selling a truck in SoCal (that's admittedly not quite as nice as this one and $100 more.. obo ;-), so this post really isn't to my benefit, but this truck is such a good deal I'd probably drive up there if I were one of the interested parties... bring a mechanically inclined buddy and have them follow you back. If you change all of the fluids (minus coolant if it looks ok), bring an arsenal of tools and a bunch of spare parts like accessible gaskets (with some type of sealant), fuel stuff (pump, filter, line, carb kit, etc), ignition stuff (plugs, cap/rotor, etc), lots of duct tape (HA!) and your thinking cap, you'd be pretty well equipped to handle everything but a major catastrophe. I'm sure others can chime in on parts you'd want in an L16 survival kit, but you get the idea. A top notch auto plan probably wouldn't be a bad call either... just keep your fingers crossed that if it breaks down it's within 100 miles of your house ;-) And just think - if you get stuck in traffic, there's no shifting. Sweet.

Anyway, that's my $.02... I'm not exactly risk averse (usually everything works out...), so take it for what it's worth. Good luck with the sale and to the new owner!

not going down south any time soon. really busy at work.

As a weekend driver , the truck has been running with out any problems since I bought it about a year and 2 months ago , so I think it could make the trip. Do consider what Dibo said if you are interested.

I'm selling a truck in SoCal (that's admittedly not quite as nice as this one and $100 more.. obo ;-), so this post really isn't to my benefit, but this truck is such a good deal I'd probably drive up there if I were one of the interested parties... bring a mechanically inclined buddy and have them follow you back. If you change all of the fluids (minus coolant if it looks ok), bring an arsenal of tools and a bunch of spare parts like accessible gaskets (with some type of sealant), fuel stuff (pump, filter, line, carb kit, etc), ignition stuff (plugs, cap/rotor, etc), lots of duct tape (HA!) and your thinking cap, you'd be pretty well equipped to handle everything but a major catastrophe. I'm sure others can chime in on parts you'd want in an L16 survival kit, but you get the idea. A top notch auto plan probably wouldn't be a bad call either... just keep your fingers crossed that if it breaks down it's within 100 miles of your house ;-) And just think - if you get stuck in traffic, there's no shifting. Sweet.

Anyway, that's my $.02... I'm not exactly risk averse (usually everything works out...), so take it for what it's worth. Good luck with the sale and to the new owner!

Thanks!

not going down south any time soon. really busy at work.

As a weekend driver , the truck has been running with out any problems since I bought it about a year and 2 months ago , so I think it could make the trip. Do consider what Dibo said if you are interested.

Yup, for sure. I just don't have any friends, nor myself really, who can take the time for that kind of drive right now, unless something comes up where they're going that way for some other reason.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.