Mikunis

pl521sss

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm by no means an "expert" but that part coming off the firewall looks like a weak link to me, far too much room for movement. Can you run the linkage rod all the wall to the back of the firewall and join the knuckle/dog bone there? Those dogbones should be replaced too. I am wondering if you shorten the dogbones and bring the linkage arms down a bit if that would help.

check out my pics of my car as well as others on my flickr account under benzo510. I use a cable I believe from lokar for GM modded. Contact Troy Ermish I think he does that cable mod and is in Fremont. I personally am not a fan of the linkage set ups. what is the exact issue you are having?

I'm by no means an "expert" but that part coming off the firewall looks like a weak link to me, far too much room for movement. Can you run the linkage rod all the wall to the back of the firewall and join the knuckle/dog bone there? Those dogbones should be replaced too. I am wondering if you shorten the dogbones and bring the linkage arms down a bit if that would help.

I'll try to shorten those dog bone if it helps

check out my pics of my car as well as others on my flickr account under benzo510. I use a cable I believe from lokar for GM modded. Contact Troy Ermish I think he does that cable mod and is in Fremont. I personally am not a fan of the linkage set ups. what is the exact issue you are having?

Very nice pics there Benzo

Might stop by Troy's shop if I can't get the linkage to work properly

I dont see it being a big deal on yours. I have a cable set up. made a alum mount for the cable hold thru.

sorry will be gone for awhile.

Problem with is it binds time to time and linkage mounted on the firewall keeps coming out. Firewall has many holes already from remounting it.

I think that part of the throttle came from a 240 or 280z.

Another thing, there's no Identification on the carbs to tell me if it's 44 or 40. It just says Solex Mikuni Japan

This motor setup on this car is very fast.

It has Nismo header and aluminum flywheel.

Rest of the spec of engine is unknown at this time

• 4 weeks later...

not sure to what hp #s air horns would make if any but it would sure smooth out the airflow. go check troy or dave rebello todd at wolf creek for stacks. also try pierce manifolds in Gilroy for prices on horns. you can also check TWM induction for air horns. but if you are looking for deal maybe check out a swap meet.

the airhorns make a huge difference in AFR ratios which has a direct effect on HP and Torque I may have a extra set here in the next few days. I know Troy is a good friend of mine I try to push his product when I can but a good product is just that even if someone else sold it I would have bought the cable set up, so pony up and buy it :D. give me a call or stop buy the house I should have Lisa's car back together buy friday Im still waiting on parts and you can see how easy it is

Clayton