Chumpcar @ PIR

freaky510

Its to late to make a team but this will be the first 24hr race @ PIR

I copied from another site

ChumpCar World Series @ PIR

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey all you Freeks!

We're ChumpCar World Series, a race for $500 race cars. Our inaugural race is at Portland International Raceway. We're pushing for a grass-roots viral 'spreading of the word', so I'm logging on to all the local car club forums and giving a quick blurb.

The race is a 24 hour enduro. Cars are to cost no more than $500, except for safety equipment. Teams are of four or more drivers. No prior experience necessary, no licensing required beyond our few-hour class for true novices.

There is absolutely no better racing seat time for the money! Dollar per minute, ChumpCar is absolutely unrivaled. And the amount of effort to enter, prep a car, and compete is staggeringly low as compared to other racing. Look at it this way: for the amount of money some people will spend on a look-good wing for their street car, you could go wheel-to-wheel, swapping paint (ok, you're not supposed to do that actually) at 100mph for FOUR HOURS. Or another way: if you go to an amusement park and pay $2 to go on a silly ride where you just sit there, you've just spent more $$$/minute than you would need to say you're a real race car driver. Just sayin....

That's it. Check out the website for the complete rules. Sign up. First race is October 31, signup asap!

The ChumpCar Team

I will be their on friday the 30th hope to see some of you their

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I'll be there Saturday!

My friend Loren is on the Fiat / Bertone X1/9 team, and I bumped into Cassie (Volvogirl / turbobrick) tonight, and she's on a 240(?) Volvo team.

Saturday ~ noon on Halloween! :rolleyes:

Edited by hughdogz
If you want to help out come down friday before 3pm and they might have a spot for you when I talk to them I will see if they needs more people.

You cant miss me I will be in a Datsun jacket :)

yeah find out if there is anything i can do...i only have one arm right now but need to do something

So I have to work today if anyone is available to help out come down to PIR we will be unpacking starting at 9, the car and team work will start at 2. We should be done at 8. We could use help for any or all of it. so i f you can make it to help out show up and ask for Eric. I will be coming down as soon as i get off of work.