I hate new cars

Skib

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love old skool but my wife had an '87 Nissan Maxima with the V6 in it and I lost knuckle skin every time I changed the oil filter. I finally said f*ck it and took the thing to a jiffy lube type place. They got the filter changed but broke the oil pressure sending unit and we lost most of our oil on the way home.

She was still driving it until March of '07 when she pulled out in front on a '93 Chevy 3/4 ton pulling a trailer load of scrap iron.....she is lucky to be alive.

Worst car I've ever worked on in my life was a 2000 VW Beetle turbo.

Bad timing belt? Pull both fenders, inner fenders, trans, subframe, and eventually the motor (technically you don't have to pull it but all the mounts are off it by then)

Want to put a new driver's side headlamp in? Pull battery, relocate the damn PS resivoir, remove airbox.

The fucking turbo? everything below it... (exhaust, both driveshafts, shifter linkage) then unbolt motor and lower it to it's lowest point so you can get to all the shit above it.

I would probably choose the "commit suicide" option should it be available before touching that godforsaken tupperware party again.