1969 520 4x4!

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

looks like it's on a different frame.

Go look, the price is decent

4x4's arent my thing. But if I were into them, this'd be the one! I did ask him about the tailgate though, mine has cancer all across the bottom.

looks like it's on a different frame.

Go look, the price is decent

Rear spring looks datto, wheel offset doesn't help the width. Crappy pix, maybe a 'yoda, they are about an inch wider on each side than a 620. Hmmm does that front hub look like a 5 bolt to you???

Track width is always hard because of the variety of wheel offsets. If they were 3/4 ton chev axles, sure but I think this one is all minitruck bits. Can't tell what the bolt pattern is, stupid craigslist pictures :(

I was mostly thinking that the wheelbase seems off. Look at the front wheel's position to the fender arch. The rear looks similar, but it's really hard to tell with the 3/4 pictures (maybe there's a reason for that)

It looks like it's a extended cab or longbed frame, maybe different pickup with a slightly longer wheelbase. It doesn't look like much, 8-10 inches total, maybe a little more

The front hub does not look like a 720, could pass for a 'Yoda though. The rear 'helper' spring looks like my 720 spring. The 2nd picture sure looks like 5 bolt... maybe a Jeep? They used them on 620 retro fits, maybe the 520 was put onto that chassis.

IIRC my dad told me about an EARLY toyota 4x4 he had that was a conversion, with a jeep front end. Had to carry 2 spares, 1 six lug and 1 five.

The first 'lil truck' I ever saw with 4X4 was a Toyota near Sault Ste. Marie in Ontario on a trip to BC in '77. So it would have been that or maybe older. Loved the higher stance of this US truck and wished that Datsun made them. Had only heard the legend of the 620 trucks having a dealer installed 4X4 while in Ontario. Always wanted that look on a 620, here I am 30 years later.(chuckle)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.