It's not japanese, its not a 2 door, its a shelby?

1988 dodge lancer shelby trim.

2.2 turbo, intercooled, factory 10 psi of boost, getrag 5 speed, leather, a/c, one of 279 built in 1988. Not to be confused with a shelby lancer, Those were numbered and built in carrols assembly plant with a weaker bottom end and higher production numbers.

well I've owned it for about 8 years now and before that i had a non shelby lancer variant

20050816006.jpg

After swapping my previous h bodys rims onto it and a lebaron gts vented hood to keep the engine temps down.

how it sits today

102_1672.jpg

boost set at 14.5 (14.7 is boost cut) front mount ic, turbo xs bov, hks electronic boost controller, auto meter boost and water temp, dawes devices a/f monitor, solid steel motor mounts and turbos unleashed clutch. It's a blast to drive but in the last two years i have only gotten to drive it 4 days. 2 days a year to our local car show :( I keep getting sidetracked on vehicle builds.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DatsuNoob

HAHAHA I used to have a Lebaron GTS turbo with no grill too! (Got drunk, picked up a hammer, and thought it looked better with it's teeth smashed in)

Fun, fast, little car, but I thought it looked like someones grandma should've been driving it :lol:. Not knocking them though, I had alot of fun with mine, best $200 I ever bought.

haha knock on wood but i haven't killed a 2.2 or 2.5 variant since i got my first turbo dodge from my mom back in 97 (87 lebaron gts). From what i've figured so far its poor maintenance that leads to the 2 most common failures on these cars. Headgaskets and spun bottom ends.

I won't lie tho my first one went thru 4 automagics and afew junkyard turbos. the 4th trans survived hard abuse after building my own shift kit and installing a huge rv tranny cooler. The beauty of these cars are they are like lego, so many dodge parts are interchangeable and they are cheap to purchase. This car was 400$ and had 180k on the clock, altho it did sit in a backyard for about 5 years before i bought it.

how do you like your starquest DISLEXICDIME? i never understood why they did the single injector on those things :S

how do you like your starquest DISLEXICDIME? i never understood why they did the single injector on those things :S

I love my starquests that's why i have 3 lol. A trick i learned on the 2.6 is to run a extra quart in it. the Australian guys had spun bearing issues and thats how they cured it.

the torque from the 2.6 is crazy :D

Yah i dont know what they where thinking building a tbi turbo car!

they have 2 injectors. my 86 has 2 alternating 850'cc injectors and my 88 has 650 and 950cc progressive throtle body injection

I love my starquests that's why i have 3 lol. A trick i learned on the 2.6 is to run a extra quart in it. the Australian guys had spun bearing issues and thats how they cured it.

the torque from the 2.6 is crazy :D

Yah i dont know what they where thinking building a tbi turbo car!

they have 2 injectors. my 86 has 2 alternating 850'cc injectors and my 88 has 650 and 950cc progressive throtle body injection

There was one local for sale awhile back but in some pretty haggard shape, someone had delusions of making it a track car of some sort. poor thing I passed it up as it was the first i had seen and was sure parts would be rediculous to find. I love the styling of it tho, even the factory alloy rims are a work of art!