Weber adapter plate

copacetickid

I just bought a weber 32/36 DGEV used and I'm looking at adaptor kits online. I'm about to get a kit that comes with the adapter, linkage, and air filter, but I noticed something odd. The kit has an adapter with two plates and one ovalish shaped cutout, but an adapter plate solo has two holes and only one plate.

I have no idea why an adapter should need two plates with a gasket in between, but oh well. What I want to know is, will only one oval hole vs two holes have a performance loss?

fe_1.JPGe0_1.JPG

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

one style uses 2 of the stock studs (replaced with new longer ones) 2 bolts in the other 2 stock holes, and 2 new studs in the new location on the plate.

The other has one plate that bolts to the manifold, and another plate with new studs that bolts on top of the bottom plate.

Either of these will work fine. I'd be more inclined to use the single plate style, seems like one less place for leaks.

Here ya go:

http://redlineweber.com/

I'm sure you can find a shop locally that can order thru them if you don't want to.

The one-piece thin adapter tends to strip out very easily and they also have been known to crack. I like the 2-piece, it has a much smoother, less drastic transition. But the one I really like it the one-piece, tall cast adapter I have on my '76:

http://www.partsamerica.com/productdetail.aspx?MfrCode=TRA&MfrPartNumber=2107&CategoryCode=3575Y