Headlights

My new HID headlights bulbs came into and I wanted to make shure Im scene since some of my friends say when I come down the road the lights are hard to see.....So I hooked up the lights so on low beam all 4 lights come on and on hi all 4 lights are still on.....Either way it makes it better to where I can see and people can see me.

DSCF1423.jpg

DSCF1424.jpg

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My mistake I looked them up the blue are 8000k yeah they are bright....I had a man flash me tonight coming down the road saying my hi beams were on....Well when I went to hi beams for a second the look on his face was priceless I could see the inside of the car...Ill get a pic of them on a dark road alone for ya.

Glare city!

When an HID bulb is installed in a housing not designed for it, the bulb ends up throwing light all over the place in a messy pattern. which makes it ultra annoying for everyone else on the street and is a less efficient use of the light.

You really are better off with a good pair Cibie or Hella E-code H4 housings with some OSRAM nightbreaker bubs for your low beams. All of the light is put exactly where need it with no glare (i.e. wasted light).

Also, your high-beam housing are designed as flood lights, putting HID's in those, and then running them all the time....:thumbdown:

Here is some in depth info about it.

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/bulbs/Hid/conversions/conversions.html

Not trying to piss on your parade, just trying to educate!