Newark datsun swapmeet

BoostinBen

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/pts/1329533802.html

Just noticed this .. Is this being run by someone on the forum? Its pretty close to me so Ill swing by :cool:

Copy / paste from CL ....

-----------------------------

Hey guys/gals, well with the so far successful So Bay meetups we've been having we decided to hold a swap meet. We found a host so here we go!

WHAT: Nor Cal's East Bay Datsun 510/Z Swap Meet

WHERE: 37444 Sycamore St Unit 1, Newark, CA (Hosted by California Tire & Wheels)

WHEN: Sunday 8/30/09, Starting time TBD

$5 for seller's spot, no charge to come by and look and buy

To reserve a spot or if you have any questions call California Tire & Wheels at (510) 796-3159 (as for Francisco or just mention the 510 swap meet)

There's plenty of off street parking right next to the place.

--------------------------------------------------

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Ben you beat me to post this. I can't access Ratsun at work so oh well. I already posted this on CL, the510realm and on the dimequarterly. :P

Hector (thatsoon510) called me last week about this guy Francisco having a spot to hold a swap meet so I'm just posting it up for them. :)

Edited by 71DIMER
Is there no parking in the parking lot itself?

To show case the ride

This is in a business area where there's parking spots in front of the shops that are there but Sunday all the shops except the hosting one is open so parking in front would likely be for those selling. There's plenty of parking on the side or behind the 'front' of the business but then again I have no idea what the set up will be, just basing this off of the google map I saw. You can call the shop owner if you need a better answer since he probably has an idea how it'll be set up.

Plus if you want to show your ride make it out to our Santa Clara meet 3 days before on Thursday 8/27!

why is it on the same day as the socal meet? :cursing:

Because we're in Nor Cal :D

Edited by 71DIMER

Guys not everyone can go down South for a swap meet, hell not a whole lot of people went to the 'big' swap meets in Sacramento and that's just 2 hours away from the Bay Area.

This way the Bay Area guys can make it to this local one in Newark and the So Cal guys can make it to the one in Eagle Rock...so WTF is the big deal? :P

I think its that they landed on the exact same date. Some folks are coming down from up north for the meet. And since now there are now 2 in different locations "(un)reasonably" close to each other. People who had planned to come down to the one that has had heads up for a month or 2 may change their minds and stay for the one closer to them. maybe?

I dont know. I imagine there will be plenty of datsun love and parts to go around. The dates colliding is kinda a bummer thoug,h if in fact is does cause a change in plans for NorCal vendors that were going to come down to Los Angeles.

hi guys i am sorry for all the troble but my friend is taking some vacation to mexico and he is the one with the conection to get that spot at the tires shop so i didnt want to wait untill he comes back from mexico

plus i didnt know there was a nother swap met in LA

plus no one makes this swap mets often in the bay area

luckly we have this is spot and i promes next time wll have it in a diferent day and also trying to make this often wll see how this comes up

again guys sorry for the inconvinience

every one is wellcome

sorry james jonson u know this is not intencionally

Both events are over 350 miles apart...I highly doubt anyone with plans to drive all the way down there will be changing thier minds. This one up here should be a lot smaller due to the fact that it's loosly thrown together with a lot less heads up. The one down there has been well planned and publizised.

Anyway I'm not trying to defend the date, hell it was the host shop's owner that picked the date since Sundays are when he has the whole facility parking lot to himself since he's the only shop open on Sunday. Plus having a local swap meet came from feedback we've recieved from the Santa Clara meet's that I've posted about...guys show up there and bring parts or are looking for parts (when aren't we?) but since it's a public parking lot we can't have a swap meet there. This is just an outlet for guys that weren't planning on going all the way down to LA (like myself and others) for some parts so no worries, this isn't a competition! :P

will bring my pickup truck so I can fill it up with parts I'll be buying.

Have $20 to spend

That should be plenty

If anyone has any parts request

List it here, might have them

I'll bring $50 so bring your white 510...don't worry I won't need change :P

this isn't a competition! :P

:thumbup:

and it never should be!

the aility to get stuff from either N or S and bring it those in need is what its all about!

at least for me it is :D

its been a while since the last one down here as suitable location$$$ are few and far between since the nissan HQ moved :cursing:

Both events are over 350 miles apart...I highly doubt anyone with plans to drive all the way down there will be changing thier minds. This one up here should be a lot smaller due to the fact that it's loosly thrown together with a lot less heads up. The one down there has been well planned and publizised.

Anyway I'm not trying to defend the date, hell it was the host shop's owner that picked the date since Sundays are when he has the whole facility parking lot to himself since he's the only shop open on Sunday. Plus having a local swap meet came from feedback we've recieved from the Santa Clara meet's that I've posted about...guys show up there and bring parts or are looking for parts (when aren't we?) but since it's a public parking lot we can't have a swap meet there. This is just an outlet for guys that weren't planning on going all the way down to LA (like myself and others) for some parts so no worries, this isn't a competition! :P

Well Put!!

I would much rather drive 6 hours round trip, then 16, but connections have already been made weeks in advance (parts delivery). Not to mention this L.A. show has not happened for almost a year. I really like San Jose swapmeets and i'm disappointed that i won't be able to make this one. But we will hope all will go well and this will happen again. So you guys have a great time. Take some pics as i will and we all can exchange storys. We are having a swapmeet, BBQ, camp out at my home in Penn Valley 17-18. Maybe we will see some of you there.