Did a little photoshoot of my truck yesterday

NSRz32

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The truck is freakin awesome, way better than the two I've owned, and one of mine had a V8.

Still need to lose the rear bumper though, and throw on a set of stock bumperettes, or make a roll pan. Takes away from the little hot rod performance truck from Japan type look.

I'm hooked. Couple specific questions:

-Your source, and if you don't mind, cost for the zg flares?

-Your source, and if you don't mind again, cost for the fender mirrors?

-How many notches did you index the TB's?

-The back spacing on the wheels? (I didn't see it in the nico thread)

My truck is pretty similar to yours, but a different color. Hope you won't mind if I completely steal all the other styling cues. Imitation is the highest form of flattery, hope you haven't copyrighted the 'look' yet. Wouldn't blame you if you have :)

-ZG flares can be had from zcarparts.com for like 200 bucks

-the fender mirrors were sourced from australia via ebay, they're vintage datsun fender mirrors. May even be factory 521 mirrors from overseas as I've seen a few from japan with the same mirrors

-i didn't count when cranking down the torsion bars, i just cranked them down until they looked "right"

-I still haven't measured the offset on the wheels so I'm not sure

As for making one with similar features...more power to you! Years ago when I built my Z32 and it was different and innovative I had tons and tons of people copy things I did :)

The truck is freakin awesome, way better than the two I've owned, and one of mine had a V8.

Still need to lose the rear bumper though, and throw on a set of stock bumperettes, or make a roll pan. Takes away from the little hot rod performance truck from Japan type look.

I actually have a set of factory bumperettes and I put them on about a month ago....I took them off about a week ago and now it is bumperless. I honestly like the look of the black bumper the best of the 3 so it will probably go back on in the spring. Anybody want to buy a set of bumperettes? :)

man if you have the skill you should make a mold of those fender flaires so you can make more out of fiber glass and sell me some:D

Just pick up a set of s30 ZG flares from Motorsport Auto (zcarparts.com) and fit them up. That's what mine are :)

• 2 weeks later...
Had my truck out to a big ratrod show over the weekend and it was a hit, couldn't believe all the attention the datto got :) Anyway, yesterday I decided to go through an old industrial area and snap a few pics of it for everybody

pl521photoshoot001.jpg

pl521photoshoot003.jpg

pl521photoshoot007.jpg

pl521photoshoot009.jpg

pl521photoshoot011.jpg

pl521photoshoot012.jpg

pl521photoshoot013.jpg

pl521photoshoot015.jpg

pl521photoshoot022.jpg

pl521photoshoot026.jpg

pl521photoshoot032.jpg

pl521photoshoot036.jpg

pl521photoshoot040.jpg

pl521photoshoot043.jpg

pl521photoshoot045.jpg

pl521photoshoot049.jpg

pl521photoshoot050.jpg

Hope you liked! :)

man i love this truck!!!! sorry to say if I had 1 it wound be your twin lol. maybe a diffrent logo on the side but stance and the flares you nailed it :thumbsup:

Yep, I like the look, Hot rod shop trucks are BAD ASS

keep the rear bumper,

Every shop needs a shop truck, and a shop truck needs a rear bumper.

never know when you'll have to tow home that barn find!

Thanks man! :)

I'm putting the rear bumper back on in the spring btw, definitely prefer the black diamond plate to the bumperettes

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

man, i forgot how much i love this truck. i want some new pics. what the deal???

What kinda pics you want? I've actually been uber productive with it since this thread :)

I've been putting most of them up on my facebook but I'll have to add some for you later

Like someone else already said, u nailed the look for ur truck! So your from cleveland? Have u ever heard of or been to the truck/car show called dropt n destroyed?? Id love to see ur truck in person! The shows in akron ohio so that should only be like 45 mins to an hour for u.

I've heard of the show, my buddy actually picked up a suburban on air ride last year that had some vinyl on it from dropped and destroyed. I've got some work to do on the truck still this year (new brakes, bearings, lines, rebuilding the carbs, etc) before getting it out on the road for any kind of long distance trip so I'll play it by ear. If you're ever in the area you're more than welcome to stop on our for some drinks and food as we're always doing car stuff :)