A87 head

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

2l8xkbs.jpg

Here you can see that the head identification numbers are cut off from milling the head, either to raise compression or to level it. Looks like a p-nut chamber so with that much milling it will have monster compression ratio. If you measure from the head gasket surface to the valve cover gasket surface it should be 4.25". Anything less is the amount removed.

Too bad about the cam towers, they are align honed at the factory so the cam spins freely without binding. They should never be removed or at least marked so they go back in the same relation.

Edited by datzenmike

Pretty much almost worthless without the towers, going to cost some to rehone any towers that the new owners can find. Also, on the one that was milled, its going to take a lot of shims to make the cam sprocket work since the chain will be loose now.

You can get complete assembled peanut heads for 100 bucks to.

if you get a set of towers and put them back in oder it can be made to work.

Towers 1 thru 4 and slide cam in loosely then torq then dow to 10-13 punds slowly and then turn cam if moves freely enought its good (oil it up) If bent head it will be harder to turn/offest towers. But if you can move it with a strong hand it will wear in enough to work(worked for me). But a perfect head. Youll be able to move Cam with your fingers.

That head has been wacked alot!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I bet it had a stack of Cam tower shims!!!!!!!!!!

go to silverseal.com it is like page 56 in their> catalog. Part# 0591000. I called them and they said they had> a lot of the head saver shim kits, $8.10 per/kit. Silver> Seal- phone 800 521 2936 part# 059-1000.

i check the head with caliper and both are around 4.240". and i found can towers but i don't if is for a87 head or u67 head here's more pic. if you see the 87# it's just print it to low thats it see nissan name its look good

send me email at maxima777@roadrunner.com for more pic

33p6gz4.jpg

261nuvm.jpg

fk5qn5.jpg

2eo8z03.jpg

29o33v5.jpg

Edited by NICOYA

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.