1979 200SX/Silvia

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

they should from what i can tell datsun used the same basic design so do waht all the 510 guys do get 280zx stuts and set them up with coilovers in the rear take the leafs to a spring shop and have them de arched

I actually just got the Starion about a month ago. I got it ruuning now, but soory no mods yet. I wanna use it daily so I made a small list.

Turbo timer

Loud BOV

Rev limiter

lowered

boost controller

16g turbo

better wastegate

improved downpipe

CA intake

improve calipers & rotors.

That's about it for my plans, as it will hopefully be my daily car

so how many miles are on it? if you want to keep it alive i would suggest doing the timing chain and doing a balance shaft elimination and retorqueing the head bolts. if the tbi is leaking rebuild that shit be for it catch's on fire.

I drive an 86 for my daily i love it. I had a big 16g on it but i blew the rear oil seal:( so now i am rockin the 12a @ 14.7 pounds lol

Are you on the local starquest forum nwstarquest.com or on sqc

Sorry about your Starion thread. I could't even finish reading it. To much negative talk. I think all turbo cars have problems, but who cares just try an take care of them as best you can. Anyway how's the Strion goin? Any mods?

its all good no not much i put a zenner diode in it so i could boost higher i am running 14.7 pounds right now i had to put my stock exhaust back on so i gutted my cats. man did i loose power i swear it was faster at 10 pounds with 3 inch exhaust than is is at 14 pounds with 21/4 stock exhaust . it spools a little slower but it is still fun as hell to drive

the negativity is only on the 2nd page after that its all good

Edited by DISLEXICDIME

Sounds crazy. I have that same feelong every now an then I feel like my car lost some power somewhere. Also sorry this thread is so boring. All my plans and mods are on hold until I get another job. But once I get a check I'm sure I'll go broke faily quick moddin my Z. Since I'm not goin to turbo it I'm looking to set the radiator up like this.

PA190036.JPG

2006_05_8.JPG

2006_05_7.JPG

2005_11_2.JPG

Well I have a few reasons.

1. I've only seen this mod on a few hardcore Z's 2 or 3. An they were serious go fast cars. So it must be a good thing for fast driven cars.

2. Of couse to be little diffrent, and do something besides put a turbo and intercooler behind the grille.

3. It looks Cool.:lol: