1979 200SX/Silvia

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another good point. Only part I don't like much about this type of setup is mounting my oil & trans coolers under the car. I would like them to be up there with the radiator,but I don't think that will work.

The main reason people do V-Mount setups (240sx, Z's, most drift cars) is to increase the amount of air going through/over the coolers for the car. Radiator and intercooler, oil and transmission coolers will recieve the full benefit of directed airflow through the front bumper, and most times, the bumper will have a cowling setup to keep the air directed right through the vital parts of the car.

It's dope, but not the practical way to protect your shit in an accident. Removing bumper support and core supports are a good way to ruin your car quick if something taps you.

you should bring the SX out to the show on Sat.

or the Z if its driveable

The Z is very driveable, but needs the muffler welded on, it runs & drives great but spits out white smoke? And the SX needs to do DEQ as well.It runs near perfect though so Hopefully I will get it done by Saturday.

The Z is very driveable, but needs the muffler welded on, it runs & drives great but spits out white smoke? And the SX needs to do DEQ as well.It runs near perfect though so Hopefully I will get it done by Saturday.

if you bring the Z we can tinker with it a bit, the SX is sick tho, lol get a buddy to drive one and bring both.

Sounds like you have a head gasket in the future:(

white: water/coolant

blue: oil

black/grey: fuel

if you bring the Z we can tinker with it a bit, the SX is sick tho, lol get a buddy to drive one and bring both.

I wish. I may bring the 200 out though. I love the car, but hate the 90hp and the US bumpers.

I want a 2 liter Nissan motor, and jdm bumpers.

A SR20DE

CA18DE stroked to Ca20de

Z20?

maybe even a built L20B

or A FJ20. Maybe when I get another job. I'll finally find one

Edited by M.Creer