Hey I'm new here, Heres my dime

I picked my datto up 4 days ago and spent 3/4 of that time making it run and drive as my new daily driver. I've wanted a dime since i was 10 so it's like a dream come true... nightmares are infact dreams LOL. She's got rust.:( but i am dedicated to bringing it back.

dato1.jpg[/img]

dato2.jpg[/img]

btw the hood closes now. I had to put my spare e30 rad in it to drive it home!

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
Welcome to the forum. Nice dime! Love the color.

Not that color anymore! hahaha been a while since i've been on so heres an update.

I was already signed up for a drift event when i got this car so obviously i had to prep it for the event.

had no seatbelts-harness bracket and sparcos

e30 rad too big-temporary fix is an ae86 rad and furd taurus e-fan

VW seats poorly installed-in went my NASCAR approved kirkey seat! :lol:

open diff- POOR MAN's LSD (welded):fu:

ETC

The list is long and the week of prep was longer but the event was fun and quite a let down. 37 year old steering components werent havin it!

got some cool pics tho.

apex.jpg[/img]

drifting a 510 is like umm well you cant really compare it to anything.

They are pretty short so you cant get wicked angles as easy, or at least appear to have wicked angles.

The steering angle sucks, they are kinda touchy as far as oversteer, but you just have to anticipate it on the entry. Overall i would say not at all a beginner car to drift in. You need to know pretty good what you are doing aka entry,clipping points to pull a nice smooth transition. And the suspension setup is a little lame in stock form w/o something done to the rear. I want to take my car out to the track but i never got the chance, im sure with a welded it would be even more predictable.

It is cool to slide just for the looks other people get, but i would take an s14 over one anyday. They are just not an ideal drift car imo

it was fun but i would have felt much better in my tried and true e30 drifter. It was longer with more steering lock and less steering slop. yeah the datto is definatley not as predictable as say an S chassis but i think with a lil time it can certainly do the job. think ae86 front suspension and wheel base and e30 rear suspension, both of those cars are viable drifting platforms so a combination of the 2 should also be able to slide. money is the main thing holding me back from having a quite driftable DIME, not stopping me just slowing me down, it will happen!:D

I might be taking my dime out to thunder hill just to mess around in a drift workshop. I have the chance to start going to all the local drift events and running my dime.. A buddy of mine drifts and is pretty set up in the scene. I was just at infineon with him this past weekend got to ride with him in his turbo ls1 s14. pretty fricken sweet to say the least. Im just interested to see how my dime would do.. I havent been drifting in it .. got plenty sideways in it in santa cruz mnts .. but im interested in seeing how smooth it can transition...

I might be taking my dime out to thunder hill just to mess around in a drift workshop. I have the chance to start going to all the local drift events and running my dime.. A buddy of mine drifts and is pretty set up in the scene. I was just at infineon with him this past weekend got to ride with him in his turbo ls1 s14. pretty fricken sweet to say the least. Im just interested to see how my dime would do.. I havent been drifting in it .. got plenty sideways in it in santa cruz mnts .. but im interested in seeing how smooth it can transition...

that happen to be

Luke at BLU808's s14?

I dont really think there are any other turbo ls s14s haha.

That car is badass

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...