love the site

so i have been reading every thread on this site for about two weeks now. love all the stuff you guys are doing. i myself do not have a datsun, and i have only owned 1 in the past. it was a 83 turbo z. i thought i had got the deal of a lifetime at 200 bucks, then i got it home. i sanded and primed it and decided to jack it up and see what's going on down there. well the jack flew right through the frame! so i get on the internet and read that Datsuns tend to have rust problems, woops who knew?(oh appartlly everyone!!) so i ended up trading the z for a ipod, seeing i don't weld and all. anyway after being here i think i want a 510 4-door now. would be very unique in georgia. right now i just got married and have a newborn and a 2 year old, so datsuns aren't exactly what i should be doing, but who cares. i want one bad. that's why i want the 4 door now, so i can act like it's a "family car"

ok so here's a pic of the datto, i keep the rims, i like them

280zxt.jpg

280zx.jpg

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm just south of atlanta and i've got a 521. airedout is in atlanta also with a 521, tho his lays frame. i can't remember where i read the numbers, but it just happened that most (maybe it was all, i don't remember) of the datsuns were imported somewhere up in the nw. i'm sure somebody here knows exactly. plus their weather lends itself a lil better to preserving the bodies on these slightly prone-to-rust dattos.

what part of atlanta you in charlie? and how's it been runnin the chocolate factory?

if you go south on 75, about 45 miles south of 285. lil ass place called locust grove. the only thing people know it for is Tanger outlet mall. i haven't been keepin track of craigslist or ebay that much, since i got my 521 i dont have any money for anything much less another vehicle, not to mention no room, since it's not my house.

anyway what kind of datto you lookin for? i'll start lookin around for ya.

def check the floor of the cab around the body mounts. that's the worst spot and semi common as alot of the 620s had the vinyl floor covering. that's a very important one in my opinion, def worth lifting up the carpet or maybe even getting under the cab if you have to. other than that the normal obvious stuff on a vehicle from this area, around the windows, under the hood. anywhere else is kind of a non-issue as far as i know. even if the bed is bad you can build a bed yourself if you have to...

soo... fellow georgia ratsun buddy... if you decide not to get it lemme know the info see if i want it :D