i feel like a big dummy

i just spent a few afternoons trying to get fluid to flow to the rear brakes.

so after a day away and some time to think.

i realized i had the front end on the tires and the rear way jacked up,

i took a guess that maybe the nlsv was restricting flow. so i jacked up the front to level things out and bingo, good fluid flow to the rear and now they are all bled and ready to try out.

i just thought i would offer this info to help prevent anyone else from having the same problem.

dont laugh too hard, a simple over sight will mess up any job.

Edited by herculesinwyoming
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never have done that but i went to the car wash to high pressure my 66 chevelle off at the local car wash and didn't get any high pressure out of the wand so

I called the owner and told him what the heck is wrong so he shows up and puts in 1.50 in the car wash and says did you squeeze the handle.

DUH O homer simpson sound

I know how you feel and plus...

nobody is perfect and you and I are living proof... :D

come on guys, who else has done some stupid chit...

Just an hour ago, i saw a lady fill up her duramax diesel truck, she filled it with gas,

she was about done when i pulled up. At least i was able to tell her not to try to drive it, 10 minutes later her very angry husband showed up.

This wasnt the first time she had done that.

just a few days ago I went to the gas station to fill up my 1980 Datsun 210 and picked up the wrong hose, i grabbed the diesel hose and started filling up the tank, I was like at 3 gallons and then I realized that the handle was green on the hose and then thats when I F*%$#@$ yelled out HOLY S#@T, everybody looked at me like crazy, I drove the car back home, the gas station was like 3 minutes from where I live so I was like, "you know what Im driving this thing back home, I dont care, I can always stick another engine in it. I made it safely but the car wasnt running very well, I shut the car of right away when I got home and took all the diesel gas out of the gas tank, I had like quarter tank with regular gas so maybe thats why the engine didnt break down right in an instant. I know now to keep a very open eye next time at the gas station.

I always used to like it when I worked for chevrolet and the duramax's would get towed in with a crank no start, and the owner would get pissed when we would charge them 300 bucks to drain the gas out because they "let their buddy borrow the truck". what pissed them off even more is we wouldnt give them the gas back...told them it was against the law since it was contaminated...In reality we put it into our own cars, a little diesel fuel never hurt a gas engine :fu::fu::lol: