Calling all wheel gurus: Wheel fitment ideas and help

SRSANDS

picked up these wheels and I am dtermined to make them work. The rears are 16x8. They already work I just have to notch the lower arm and run stretched tires. The front isa 16x7and really close. It does not come close to the actual strut tube the the inner outer most lip of the rim hits the actual round control welded on washer on the strut. Luckily Ground Control washer has a flat spot on them as you......so its really close. Im going to have tires stretched to help also. Have any of you guys ran a rim like this and or have some ideas......

If anyone has 3/4 inch spacers to sell let me know!!!

Here we are!!!!

P1010172.jpg

The fronts rims almost clear .....

P1010173.jpg

P1010175.jpg

Mild Fatty lip

P1010176.jpg

Determined to make these work eventually I love the look on the silver....they are a little curbed up but I thinks thats better...I wont worry as much if I do it later :) HELP ME GET THESE FITTED!:)!

P1010177.jpg

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No one knows their shit? I just need some ideas or info on experiences on fitment. Would camber plates do anything? I wouldnt think so since the spindle and everything moves while adjusting. If I have to flare the car I will, after all its a project for fun. If need be I would like to get the ZG CF bolt on flairs and then mod the rears to work for the four door. Like I said its a project and Im gonna make these work. Some say flares are ugly, some say it will ruin the car, I say its my car your opinions, all appreciated because it stimulates my mind for ideas but I like bolt on flares, box flares and everything in between. Why? Because these cars are so limited in the wheel department its plain and boring. I want something that looks mean and different. I like the stretched looked slamed to the mofo ground. If I can figure this out my track width will be ridiculous and aggressive and thats what I want. Once I figure out the entire setup to get these working by trial and error method I will share all what was done so all dime owners can use 4 lug 240sx wheels. It may open up the choices of wheels we can use because right now the limitations suck. Its kinda like if you dont have 1,000 to 1500 dollars for rare JDM wheels your screwd to use a set that other guys use and thats gay because its getting to the point seen one set seen em all RB's, Panasports, SSR, overpriced JDM, it sucks because it makes all our cars which we love look the same :) Dont get me wrong, all those wheels look dope, the Simmons wheels (super sick), and all the others spoke styles like Konig, Panasports, Meshies they all look choice but what if we had the option to rock a larger variety :) Some like hubcaps (Wolfie :) ) Ha ha to each their own but let me know what I can do to get these on and we may have a open window to the 240 choices which would be sick. I have full access to a cnc and programer, a metal supplier, and a mill so if you have ideas on parts to make to make these fit let me know! Once my parts are made from my buddy they will be for sale also....thanks guys!

Edited by SRSANDS

Yep, those are positive offset wheels. Datsuns takes small offset, or negative. So wheel spacers are called for, try 1" in front, and 2" in back

camber change wont' help, for the reasons you mentioned

Fit a 40 series tire, should be fine. You can 'roll' the fenders in front, but I think you're gonnna need to cut the back fenders and cover over with flares. 7 inch wide on the back would be my choice.

There are lots of four-bolt wheels that fit a Datsun 510 available -- if you are looking for budget wheels. If you want $1500 new wheels, there aren't many. You'll find the budget wheels on Craigslist, eBay and at the old-car wrecking yards. Look at Mustang wheel for 1965-1968 Mustang 4-bolt wheels. Better yet, tell us how you can fit the ubiquitous 280Z and 280ZX wheels to our sedans.

best to buy a wheel that fits and your done.

spending money on wheels you got cheap dont make sense to me. When ROTAS wheels are cheap and come in correct offset.

then needing good studs also and changing them out in the back will be a pain. if the stud is longer than the orginal space behind it. Unless you get the spacer with the studs already in there

Also your car looks good in straight FORM and why spend money on flaring it cause you got a deal on wheels.

THos wheels are good if you have BREMBOS to show off but otherwise better to have a wheel to hide the drums in back.

oh by the way I dont want to sell my header. But Im sure Top End Performance will sell you one for 149$ and Performance Coatings in Auburn will coat it for another 100$.

Use the stock cast Iron manifold and Y pipe and go to Performance Coatings and it will look good. and will last longer and never leak. and CHEAPER.

Before spending too much money on those rims and tires. Lets get your Weber DGV to work first. Remove those4 bolts swap carb and put linkage on loose.,see if it works If not ge another DGV or put the Weber sidedraft on.

Edited by banzai510(hainz)
best to buy a wheel that fits and your done.

spending money on wheels you got cheap dont make sense to me.

How about free? Would you entertain the idea of trying to mount them then vs. stock nissan wheels then?

The fronts rims almost clear .....

P1010173.jpg

P1010175.jpg

Isnt that silver nut supposed to do up to the bottom of the gold one to hold it in place so vibrations dont self adjust your suspension ? ? :confused:

Free rims are good rims , i would make them fit ..

Isnt that silver nut supposed to do up to the bottom of the gold one to hold it in place so vibrations dont self adjust your suspension ? ?

What silver nut? Thats actually just the dusty coilover collar perch thats welded to the strut tube that holds the threaded collar, thats all........ the gold nut is the only nut usd for holdiing the spring in place.....

• 1 month later...

They are plus 32. 8" in the rear and 7", I already figured out the formula, just waiting for tires, 1/8th inch spacer in the rear with minimum LCA trimming and then ARP extended studs and 1/4 inch AL spacers up front on ZX struts......should work...now it jut tire sizes to play with.

Even if I decide I dont like the wheels later, Im set up to run plus 32's so thats a good thing

Wouldn't that much of a spacer increase the weight on the wheel bearings by a good amount? When I had my scirocco I ran a 20mm spacer to fit my rims, I noticed wear and more understearing with them on for almost 9

months. I had some negative camber but not that much. I was more gesting than anything. Lots of cheap propper offset rims avail that don't require the effort or possible/negligable side effects.